Website Mechanics for Africa
Community College and Commercial Workshop
- To perform the role of the Accountants Administrator at the college, workshop and for any construction work.
- You will be working closely with the Workshop Business Manager, College Administrator and Construction Manager in the control of money transactions within these sectors.
- Ensuring proper balancing of the MfA books on a daily and monthly basis.
- Liaise and provide information with the MfA accounting firm that submits the quarterly tax returns
- Maintaining appropriate administrative systems including the keeping of proper accounts and asset registers using Sage and Quick Books software
- To undertake the payment of all insurance, government and local taxes, phone, internet, staff health scheme etc – once a month.
- Submitting Tax and Napsa, making payments and ensuring reconciled records are kept.
- Data and receipt input
- Ensure prompt and efficient payment and posting of all cash and cheque transactions and trips to the bank
- Assist with payroll of all employees
Providing year –end support to the external auditors requirements, which may include providing evidence and reconciliations
- Petty Cash control, reconciliation and replenishments, ensuring all expenses have receipts
- To assist with the development of an annual budget starting in January of each year but submitted to trustees in September
- Submitting summary monthly accounts to the Treasurer Trustee
- To ensure security of accounting documents and records
- Manage staff leave requests
- Fulfil the role of Workshop Business Manager when this person is on holiday, delivering cars, and working in the workshop or away from the front desk of the workshop.
- To be responsible for the monthly checking of the stores. This includes (but is not limited to):
- All stock is logged and an accurate inventory is kept.
- All parts have been booked in and booked out and recorded for stock buying purposes.
- Preparation of invoices
- Ensure all relevant information is entered into the invoicing spreadsheet and preparation of invoices for approval by the workshop manager.
- Reviewing Quick Books records for each month and reconciling these to stock takes and Sage
- Chasing up and reconciliation of debtors accounts
- Draft, Monitor and update credit terms with long term/commercial customers
- Check the workshop stock room contents and the stock room list, carrying out a monthly stock take which is reconciled to Sage records
- Issue receipts, refunds, credits or change due to customers
- Receive and record fees of students and update the database.
- Assist and drafting of grant and funding applications
- Any other duties as assigned by the CEO
To work with professionalism and integrity at all times, including when working on customers’ vehicles, and to show the working of Christian values in your life.
Teach appropriate courses as and when needed
To adhere to all policies and procedures implemented across Mechanics for Africa
- Minimum Diploma in accounting or related field
- Must be registered with ZICA
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.