The Copperbelt University is a Public University established through an Act of Parliament No. 19 of 1987. The University’s core business is Teaching, Research and Consultancy as a service to the nation. The University is an equal opportunity employer and hereby invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for appointment to the following position:
The Copperbelt University Health Services (CBUHS) is one of the most important support units of the Copperbelt University. The CBUHS provides medical services to a community of 50,000 that comprise of students, staff and their dependants at the main campus along Jambo Drive, Michael Sata School of Medicine and Kapasa Makasa University Campus and the communities from Riverside and surrounding compounds of Chipata, Musonda and Mufuchani.
Job Purpose: To plan, execute and supervise medical programmes for the provision of health care services to the sick and promotion of good health at the University.
- Control operations of the medical department, coordinate and implement the University Health Care policy in an effort to develop a comprehensive health care system;
- Plan and implement medical programmes in consultation with various stakeholders in order to achieve the policy vision;
- Coordinate partnership medical programmes with other institutions to ensure that the University community benefit from any services that will be rendered;
- Advise the University Management on health matters and ensures that all health-related procedures in the Clinic conform to national Policies, Acts and Statutory Instruments.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of a Degree in Medicine and Surgery MBBS, MBch, MD;
- Registered with the Medical Council of Zambia;
- Masters Degree of Community Medicine /Family Health/Public Health or any relevant field is an added advantage;
- Minimum of 8 years practical working experience as a medical practitioner in a reputable medical institution;
- Valid practising licence with the Health Professional Council of Zambia;
- Full Registration Certificate.
Required Skills and Attributes
- Ability to listen and communicate effectively;
- A strong interest in working with people – patients, families and other professionals;
- A ability to work collaboratively as part of a team;
- Willingness and ability to handle uncertainty and conflicting demands;
- Ability to stay calm while working under pressure;
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills.
Candidates for each position should submit: detailed Curriculum Vitae with photocopies of credentials and other relevant documents plus names and addresses of Three (3) referees (Two of whom must be in candidate’s field of specialization) should be professionally acquainted with the applicant. Application should be sent to the undersigned no later than 28th February, 2019; Electronic applications to [email protected] and physical applications to:
P O Box 21692
Note that only short-listed candidates will be communicated to.