Provincial Health Office, Western Province
REPUBLIC OF ZAMBIA
MINISTRY OF HEALTH
PROVINCIAL HEALTH OFFICE – WESTERN PROVINCE
Provincial Health Office, Western Province in conjunction with US Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has been implementing programs to irnprove the rmanagement of TB, STIs and HIV/AIDS care services in the Province since 2006. To further strengthen the programs, WPHO is inviting applications from interested persons who meet the minimum requirements to fill the following vacant positions on contract basis subject to renewal:
JOB TITLE: MEDICAL OFFICER
LOCATION: Hospital: Lewanika General Hospital
JOB PURPOSE: To manage all PLHIV according to the national guidelines.
Reports to: Medical Superintendent
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILTY (MAIN DUTIES)
- Initiates all newly diagnosed PLHIV in line with national guidelines
- Manages patients who present with advanced HIV disease
- Manages clients failing HIV treatment
- Schedules appointments for unsuppressed clients and conducts high viral load clinics and records outcomes
- Participates in tele ECHO sessions as scheduled
- Establishes workable client-centered models of care for stable clients
- Fast tracks stable clients and provides 6 months dispensation of ARVs to clients stable on ART
- Collaborates with facility staff to ensure that all missing clients are tracked and return to care within at most 30 days of missing their appointment or their outcomes known and documented
- Undertakes clinical reviews for PI-HIV at every clinical visits i.e. screening for TB and other opportunistic infections, STIs and Cervical Cancer for women living with HIV
- Maintains up to date paper based and electronic registers.
- Compiles weekly, monthly, quarterly as well as any ad-hoc reports as required timely.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS/ REQUIREMENTS
- Grade 12 Full Certificate or its equivalent
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery or its equivalent
- Holder of a Full Registration Certificate from Health Professions Council of Zambia
- Hoder of a valid practicing license
- At least two (2) years’ relevant work experience
- Experience in ART service provision will be an added advantage
- Must be between Age 21 and 55 years
- Ability to write technical papers and reports clearly in English
- Ability to communicate fluently in English and local languages
- Computer Managerial skills,
- Good Interpersonal relations, initiative.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
Interested candidates meeting the above stated qualifications and attributes are required to submit their applications with the following documents: Curriculum Vitae with Three (3) traceable Referees, NRC, Academic and Professional Qualifications, Full Registration and Practicing license with relevant Professional Bodies were applicable to the address below by 17:00hrs Tuesday 15th September 2020.
Successful applicants will be appointed on one year contract subject to renewal depending on performance.
Applicants should provide valid phone numbers for easy communication. Applications should be clearly marked on the envelope with the position being applied for. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Address applications to:
The Provincial Health Director
Provincial Health Office
P.O. Box 910022