SOUTHERN PROVINCIAL HEALTH OFFICE, ZAMBIA
The Southern Provincial Health Office under the US President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) Project through a Cooperative Agreement (CoAg) with the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), is seeking for eligible, self-motivated and qualified applicants for the positions listed below for the various levels (Provincial, District, Facility and Community)
JOB TITLE: MEDICAL OFFICERS (03 POSITIONS)
Purpose: The incumbent is part of the front-line health care team involved in the provision of Direct Service Delivery (DSD) at health facility level focusing on: (1) Enhanced HIV Case Finding; (2) Improved Linkage to treatment services; (3) Retention; and (4) Viral Load Suppression
- Provision of HIV Testing Services (HTS) to clients either directly or indirectly through trained Lay Counsellors focusing on Provider Initiated Testing and Counselling (PITC) using existing screening tools;
- Ensure that all HIV positive patients are initiated on appropriate Antiretroviral Treatment (ART);
- Ensure that patients current on treatment are retained in care by daily monitoring of appointments and ensure prompt tracking of patients missing appointments;
- Ensure that all eligible patients current on treatment are provided with Viral Load Testing Services;
- Ensure that all HIV positive patients current on treatment are screened for TB and those diagnosed with TB are immediately commenced on TB Treatment while those without active TB are commenced on TB Preventive Therapy (TPT);
- Determine stable patients current on ART and ensure that they are put on appropriate Differentiated Service Delivery (DSD) models in order to decongest health facilities;
- Compile and submit required reports (daily, weekly, monthly & quarterly) to the district and Provincial Health Office;
- Perform other duties assigned by supervisors in line with the jobholder’s ability and qualifications.
- Grade Twelve (12) Certificate with five ”O” levels
- Degree in Medicine
- Must be registered with the Health Practitioners Council of Zambia
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in clinic environment
- Trained in Adult and/or Peadiatric ART management with clinical experience in ART
- Good understanding of the HIV/AIDS technical areas
- Must be computer literate and have a valid practicing license.
- Must have strong understanding of the reporting hierarchy at district and facility levels;
- Good Communication and interpersonal skills;
- Must have high level of confidentiality and Integrity;
- Trustworthy and Honest with traceable references
Interested candidates meeting the above stated qualifications and attributes and willing to work in rural areas are required to submit their applications with the following documents; Curriculum Vitae with Three (3) traceable referees, academic and professional qualifications, Full Registration with relevant professional bodies and Latest Practicing Licenses where applicable to the address below by Friday, 21st June, 2019 at 16: 00 hours.
An attractive package will be offered to successful applicants who will be appointed on contract terms for an initial period of One (1) year subject to renewal depending on satisfactory performance.
Applicants should provide valid phone numbers for easy communication and must clearly indicate the position applied for.
Due to the likely bulkiness of the applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Provincial Health Director
Southern Provincial Health Office
P.O BOX 630026