Website Mercury Express Logistics
Positions: One (1) Copperbelt Operations Supervisor – Kitwe
Main Purpose of Job and objective:
To consistently exceed our customers’ expectations and operational standards for on time delivery performance at an optimized cost and zero tolerance in Controllable loss, Damage and claims. Deliver value to our customers by providing the most reliable and efficient solutions in delivering and network management. Lead the industry by, Instilling pride in our people, creating value for our shareholders. To manage stock and ensuring that delivery is done effectively around the world. The Copperbelt Operations Supervisor will be reporting to National Operations Manager.
To oversee the general functions of ground operations of Pickup and Delivery (PUD) by ensuring that all the processes in the life circle of all shipments international and domestic are done correctly.
Key Job Responsibilities/Accountabilities
- Provide leadership through staff – Planning, motivation, training & development.
- Drive the operations vision and strategy
- Ensure that recovery is done for all the shipments
- Re – engineering operations work process flows
- Cost effective route Optimization
- Arrange for preferred third party transporters, contracts & invoice processing
- Facilitate dedicated movement and proactive expediting
- Ensure that all shipments are delivered and picked on time
- Develop fast and cost effective ways of moving volumes between stations.
- Monitor consolidated truck movement from Lusaka all the way to Solwezi.
- Ensure correct end to end use of MES by all CB stations
- Week end International and domestic procedures are managed properly
- Manage and track bikes, vehicles repairs and service schedules.
- Ensure that you keep track and manage fuel usage.
- Shipment, staff & facility security – avoid facility and route loses of shipments.
- Ensure that the operations reports are done according to schedule
- Ensure 3PL invoice reconciliations with MES
- POD management
- Perform any other duties assigned to you by management from time to time
- Grade 12 certificate
- Diploma in CILT
- Degree in Transport and Logistics.
- Fully computer literate and Proficient in Excel, MS Office, Word, Outlook
- Good geographical knowledge
- Good command of written and spoken English
- 2 to 5 years experience in the related field in an Express distribution industry
- 2 years experience on supervisory level
- Proven good record of accomplishment in achievements
- Organizational awareness (structure, products and services)
- Should have a valid driving licence
Closing Date: 15/09/2023
Interested candidates meeting the above qualifications should send their application letters and academic qualifications in one scanned document PDF File to [email protected] not later than 15/09/2023 only shortlisted candidates will be called for interviews.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com