Website Mercury Express Logistics
The Logistics Coordinator will be responsible for the smooth running of freight operation. He /she has to ensure that the supply chain is efficient and effective throughout the organization.
- The Logistics Coordinator will be required to handle technical details relating to possibly international transportation, such as customs regulations and any necessary documentation.
- He /she will be required to efficiently evaluate the costs of transportation, services and inventory within any budget or distribution strategy and to be responsible for designing tariffs for Ocean, Air and Sea as well as being a single point of contact for issuing of Ocean, Road and Air freight.
- The Logistics Coordinator must have a knowledge of national and international import/export legislation and must be able to effectively troubleshoot any issues that may arise in international freight transportation.
- He /she will be responsible for building relationships with suppliers and work closely with finance department to ensure that invoicing is done correctly and in time.
- Logistics Coordinator will be responsible for documentation of Standard operating procedures for the services involved in the department.
- Logistics Coordinator will provide technical training to staff for Air freight, Ocean Freight and Road Freight.
- Responsible for responding to Request for Proposals on Road freight, Air Freight and Ocean Freight
- He/she will be responsible for Profit and Loss of the department.
- Minimum of 8 years of import/ export work experience, preferably with an international freight forwarding company, and a couple years serving in the position of supervisor or manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Logistics and Supply Chain Management and or any Business related field.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint and Access.
- Specific knowledge or certification (IATA / IMDG) related to the transport of sensitive cargoes, such as dangerous, perishable, and/or high-value goods.
- Demonstrated expertise in the international forwarding process from door-to-door.
- Experience with forwarding goods for governmental organizations.
Current knowledge of the customs process, export/import regulations, and port security requirements.
- Direct participation for cost quotations for freight transportation and response to RFPs.
- Prior experience with selecting, negotiating rates and contracting with supply chain partners, such as airlines, steamship lines, agents, carriers, and other vendors.
- Prior responsibility for shipping documentation, such as including bills of lading, packing lists, dock receipts, certificates of origin and verification of countries legalization of certain goods.
- Sales experience is advantageous.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively and tactfully.
- Interpersonal skills – ability to work well in a team, as well as to manage and motivate others.
The qualifying candidates should email their job application with attached CV and academic papers to [email protected]. Closing date 25th September, 2022.