Requisition Number: 505322
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Categories: Finance, Smelter
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
This position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Managing and Scanning of copper bundles for Commercial trucks loading at both Smelter and Tank house
- Daily and monthly Cathode and Anode bundle stocktaking
- Assisting in controlling trucks logistics within Mine site (both on Electro-winning and Smelter sections)
- Prepare sales and transport/export documentation for KMP Sale
- Updating and maintaining records in relation to Sales activities / Documentation filing and Record keeping
- Reporting to the Metal Sales Officer
- Perform other duties as directed by the Supervisor
- Good understanding of Product quality in line with daily allocation and loading
Transport management and logistics;
- Assisting in managing commercial trucks loading orders or Pre-Alerts from Transport companies.
- Understanding and supporting the criticality of weighbridge operation in the logistics process
- Taking active role implementing Safety standards in sections of Metal Sales product loading areas in approved standard operating procedures
- Supporting and compliant to security operating procedures on product handling on site
- Ensuring and checking drivers are in compliance with both Safety and Security procedures
- Full Grade 12 School Certifcate
- Minimum Advanced Trade Certificate or Diploma in Computer/Business qualifications
- Very good knowledge of computer based accounting systems will be advantage (preferably microsoft excel programme).
- Knowledge or familiar with copper mining and operations
- Bold initiative
- Thinking safety
- Driving quantity and attendance Initiate and achieve results
- Self-driven personality
- Analyse and Solve problems
Advertised: 15 Mar 2019 FLE Standard Time
Applications close: 22 Mar 2019 FLE Standard Time