Website Mighty Fin
Simple Finance To Help You Go Further
Mighty Finance is Zambia’s leading fintech operating in Zambia expanding to emerging markets. The company operates an online microlending and Investment platform for small businesses and individuals, in a quick, easy and affordable manner.
As part of our expansion plan, we are inviting applications from suitably qualified, experienced, ambitious, self-motivated individuals to apply for the position of Accountant.
The accountant will monitor and manage accounts receivable related to insurance policies payments, reconcile and accurately record insurance policies payments with company financial statements and also responsible for financial audits, reconciling bank statement, and ensuring financial records are accurate throughout the year. Further responsibilities include budgeting, managing tax payments and performing internal audits. You will act as a consultant for senior managers, conducting cost and revenues analyses.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive the implementation of the Company’s operational strategy, work plans, programs, systems, controls, policies and procedures to ensure a rigorous financial framework in alignment with Mighty Finance’s strategic goals.
- Calculating insurance claims payments, premiums, and other figures using software programs such as Excel
- Provide input to the development of Mighty Finance’s budgeting guidelines, policies and procedures ensuring inculcation of best practices and alignment with local operating regulations and requirements.
- Drive the budgeting process and ensure inputs from all departments are in compliance with stated guidelines and that exceptions are escalated appropriately.
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual management reports to aid management decision-making process.
- Ensure on-going review, update and documentation of monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial forecasts, and ratio analyses.
- Ensure collaboration/interface with other departments on financial assessment of projects, business models and business plans.
- Prepare financial reports, ensuring compliance with Mighty Finance’s accounting policies and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Implement adequate internal financial control systems and frameworks to ensure appropriate integration of business reporting requirements, the integrity of information contained in and the compliance of Mighty Finance’s financial statements with relevant reporting regulations.
- Define and document Mighty Finance’s credit guidelines, policies and procedures ensuring inculcation of best practices and ensure adequate monitoring and management of Mighty Finance’s credit exposure.
- Ensure effective utilization of Mighty Finance’s financial resources to achieve cost efficiency.
- Proactively identify risks and define and implement strategies to prevent revenue leakage.
- Provide broad guidelines for the management of Mighty Finance’s fixed assets from an accounting perspective, ensuring that organizational policies with respect to accounting for fixed assets are adhered to at all times.
- Regularly update Mighty Finance’s accounting policies and procedures manual and ensure compliance with the same.
- Keep abreast of changes and updates in micro and macroeconomic policies and advice the Chief Financial Officer/Finance Manager on the implications for the business.
- Coordinate the preparation of departmental budget and approve departmental expenditure in line with approved authority limits.
Provide overall guidance, leadership support and strategic direction in the execution of the department’s functions.
- Prepare and submit periodic reports to the CFO/Finance Manager on the activities of the department.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the CFO/Finance Manager.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance, Economics or any other related discipline.
- Relevant professional qualifications such as ACA, CIMA, ZICA, ACCA.
Minimum of six (6) years relevant experience with at least three (3) in a supervisory position.
- Should have knowledge [CM1] in the insurance industry.
Skills and Competencies
- Good understanding of micro and macroeconomic indicators and their impact on the business.
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the microfinance business.
- Good understanding of foreign exchange operations and regulation.
Proven experience in strategic financial planning and analysis.
- Advanced financial and accounting knowledge, including understanding of finance best practices and IFRS/ international accounting and financial reporting standards
- Very sound business acumen – financial and commercial knowledge.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership and people management skills.
- Strong negotiation skills and influencing skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- High ethical standards and integrity.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Working knowledge of Financial Management and payroll systems.