Simple Finance To Help You Go Further
Carry out Mighty Fin’s budgetary control, monthly management Accounts reporting, financial analysis and forecasting; cost and revenue management, fixed assets management and accounting. Head of Finance responsibilities include creating forecasting models, assessing risk in investments and ensuring all accounting activities comply with regulations.
Ensure timely update of the transactions in the company’s Financial system, thereby providing the accurate of financial records and compliance with best practice financial management principles and regulatory requirements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive the implementation of the Company’s operational strategy, work plans, programs, systems, controls, policies and procedures to ensure a rigorous financial framework in alignment with Mighty Fin’s strategic goals.
- Provide input to the development of Mighty Fin’s budgeting guidelines, policies and procedures ensuring inculcation of best practices and alignment with local operating regulations and requirements.
- Drive the budgeting process and ensure inputs from all departments are in compliance with stated guidelines and that exceptions are escalated appropriately.
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual management reports to aid management decision-making process.
- Ensure on-going review, update and documentation of monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial forecasts, and ratio analyses.
- Ensure collaboration/interface with other departments on financial assessment of projects, business models and business plans.
- Prepare financial reports, ensuring compliance with Mighty Fin’s accounting policies and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Implement adequate internal financial control systems and frameworks to ensure appropriate integration of business reporting requirements, the integrity of information contained in and the compliance of Mighty Fin’s financial statements with relevant reporting regulations.
- Define and document Mighty Fin’s Credit policy guidelines, policies and procedures ensuring inculcation of best practices and ensure adequate monitoring and management of Mighty Fin’s credit exposure.
- Ensure effective utilization of Mighty Fin’s financial resources to achieve cost efficiency.
- Proactively identify risks, and define and implement strategies to prevent revenue leakage.
- Provide broad guidelines for the management of Mighty Fin’s fixed assets from an accounting perspective, ensuring that organizational policies with respect to accounting for fixed assets are adhered to at all times.
- Regularly update Mighty Fin’s accounting policies and procedures manual and ensure compliance with the same.
- Keep abreast of changes and updates in micro and macroeconomic policies and advice the Chief Financial Officer on the implications for the business.
- Coordinate the preparation of departmental budget and approve departmental expenditure in line with approved authority limits.
- Provide overall guidance, leadership support and strategic direction in the execution of the department’s functions.
- Prepare and submit periodic reports to the CFO on the activities of the department.
Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the CFO
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or any other related discipline.
- Relevant professional qualifications such as ACCA, CIMA ACA, ZICA (CA), or equivalent.
- Proven experience as a head of finance or a similar position.
- Solid understanding of financial management and accounting.
- Knowledge of accounting software.
- Strong analytical and decision-making abilities.
- Effective leadership qualities.
- Minimum of five (5) years relevant experience with at least three (3) in a similar role in a bank or microfinance institution is a must.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications, consisting of your cover letter and CV only in a single document, should be sent to [email protected] Copies of certificates need not attached at this level.
Closing date for accepting applications is Friday, 31st March 2023.
* Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.