Website MIKA CONVENTION CENTER
MIKA HOTELS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
JOB POSITION: FRONT OFFICE RECEPTIONIST
DEPARTMENT: FRONT OFFICE
REPORTS TO: FRONT OFFICE SUPERVISOR
As a hotel receptionist you have the responsibility to oversee the functions related to dealing with guests on a daily basis. The hotel receptionist is often the only employee with whom the guests interact with. It is therefore important that you greet with a smile and in friendly but professional manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To deliver friendly, efficient customer service and to create a warm and welcoming atmosphere for all our guests.
- Help guests check in and provide them with a key and show them where their room/s is located.
- Responsible for assisting guests when they check out of the hotel and handle their payments.
- Ensure that guest’s needs are met and send them supplies when requested to do so.
- Take reservations over the phone and provide directions to the hotel where necessary.
- Arrange transportation for guests
- Control advance booking an d reservations
- Expected to be in uniform provided by management at all times while on duty
- Receive payment for accommodation
- Complete guest bills properly
- Ensure that storage of records is up to date and requests of guests are met.
- Responsible for safe keeping of client valuables.
- You will be expected to undertake any other assignments that management may require you to do from time to time
- Ability to welcome guests and have a friendly and helpful attitude
- Computer literate and familiarization of various software
- Be organized and have the ability to multitask
- Have a professional demeanour at all times
- Must be capable of dealing with guests without being irritable Ability to handle tough and challenging situations calmly
- Ability to work long hours
- Full Grade 12 Certificate
- Certificate in Front Office Operations, General Hospitality or Hotel Management. Diploma or higher shall be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years proven work Experience in Front Office. At least 3 years must be in the actual Receptionist position.
- Experience in Hotels especially 5 star shall be an added advantage.
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to submit their application letters, with detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of certificates, and contact details of three (3) traceable referees to:
THE HUMAN RESOURCE AND ADMINISTRATION OFFICER
MIKA CONVENTION CENTER
PLOT NO. 34 ‘A’ SUB 9 WATERFALLS MEANWOOD
OFF GREAT EAST ROAD.
Email: [email protected]
Candidates are free to either submit hard copies or soft copies to the above stated address.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 7th May, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.