Website MIKA CONVENTION CENTER
MIKA HOTELS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Job Position: Chef De Partie (Hot kitchen) x1
Department: Food Production
Reports To: Senior Cdp and Cooperate Chef
Ensures the highest standards and consistent quality in the daily preparation of food and keeps up to date with the new products, recipes and preparation techniques.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a Chef de Partie you are responsible to take care of the daily food preparation and duties assigned to meet the set standard and qualities whereby your role will include key responsibilities such as:
- Planning the menu, keeping in mind budget, and availability of seasonal ingredients and food production in different sections of the main kitchen.
- Coordinate daily tasks with the head Chef
- Follow the instructions and recommendations from the immediate superiors to complete the daily tasks
- Ensure the highest standards and consistent quality in the daily preparation and keep up to date with the new products, recipes and preparation techniques
- Instruct and lead subordinates through their daily requirements in food preparation and actively take part in set up and supervising of buffets and special functions
- Coordinate and participate with other sections of requirements, cleanliness, wastage and cost control
- Consult and check on daily requirements, functions and last minute events
- Guide and train the subordinates on a daily basis to ensure high motivation and economical working environment
- A Good standard of spoken and written English
- Advanced knowledge of the culinary arts.
- An excellent leader with great organizational skills
- Impeccable time management
- Team Player
- Full Grade twelve (12) Certificate
- Advanced Certificate in Hotel Management, Food Production, General hospitality or any related programme of study.
- Diploma or Degree will be an added advantage
- At least 5 years’ experience cooking in a well-established full-service hotel, restaurant or and/or minimum of 3 year in a supervisory role.
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to submit their applications letters, with detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of certificates, and contact details of three (3) traceable referees before 31st May,2023 to:
The Human Resource and Administration Officer
Chamba Valley Exotic Hotel
Plot No. 609 /E/12/A3
Central Street P.o. Box 38836
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org