Website MIKA CONVENTION CENTER
MIKA HOTELS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
JOB POSITION: PROCUREMENT OFFICER
REPORTS TO: PROCUREMENT MANAGER
To identify the best supplier, after having thoroughly researched and investigated all factors in terms of quality, quantity, price, time and continuity, as well as providing an effective back-up service to deal with supplier problems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To be fully conversant with current market prices of all items required by the hotel or catering department.
- To select suppliers with great care by researching their background, establishing their credentials and their standing in the industry regarding their ability to match price and maintain deliveries.
- To visit supplier’s premises so that the quality of their products can be verified, also gaining visual proof of their operating standards.
- To listen carefully to the sales person to obtain as much information as possible, particularly with regard to new products.
- To negotiate the terms of the agreement fairly, bearing in mind the price, quality and continuity of supply.
- To negotiate realistic discounts in terms of the above agreements.
- To maintain good interpersonal relations with suppliers, thus gaining the best possible service from them to the extent where they do a lot of the work for you.
- To ensure that dealings are made with a senior person in the organisation, i.e. one who has the ability to make decisions.
- To ensure that the correct numbers of suppliers are appointed, in that, though streamlined, sufficient options are open, whilst keeping the number of authorised items in check.
- To ascertain the value of new products through quality testing and field trials.
- To maintain up-to-date records of all suppliers, their products and price lists.
- To keep an index of all supplies handled, with appropriate comments.
- To continuously review commodities and suppliers to ensure that the best possible agreements are in operation.
- To investigate supplier problems, take the appropriate action and follow up to ensure no similar problems are experienced.
- To investigate and action account queries promptly, when these are the result of price variances.
- To abide by company buying policies and procedures.
You will be expected to undertake any other assignments that management may require you to do from time to time.
- Must possess exceptional communication skills
- Able to work long hours
- Be organized and have the ability to multitask
- Have a professional demeanor at all times
- Ability to handle tough and challenging situations calmly
- Full Grade twelve Certificate
- Diploma in Purchasing and Supply or related field. Higher Education shall be an added advantage.
- Must be a Registered Member of the Zambia Institute of Purchasing and Supply.
- 3 to 5 years of Experience in the Similar Role.
- Must have worked in a fast paced multi dynamic environment.
Experience related to Hospitality or Construction shall be a plus
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to submit their application letters, with detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of certificates, and contact details of three (3) traceable referees to:
THE HUMAN RESOURCE AND ADMINISTRATION OFFICER
MIKA CONVENTION CENTER
PLOT NO. 34 ‘A’ SUB 9 WATERFALLS MEANWOOD
OFF GREAT EAST ROAD.
Email: [email protected]
Candidates are free to either submit hard copies or soft copies to the above stated address.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 24th November, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.