Website MIKA GROUP OF HOTELS
One of the fastest growing indigenous group of hotels
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT – IT MANAGER X 1
PURPOSE: Primary duty will be to oversee all Information Technology systems in the hotel of operations.
The IT Manager will be responsible and accountable for all IT, communication and information management systems for Mika Hotels in the hotels; this includes but is not limited to the following areas:
- Management of All IT infrastructures and systems for all Mika Hotels and companies namely: Mika Convention Centre, Mika Hotel Kabulonga, Mika Lodge, Chamba Valley Exotic Hotel, and Mikalile Trading Shops.
- Installation, configuration and Management of Property Management systems (Ezee PMS), Accounting System (Tally ERP), HR system(Dove payroll)
- Carry out design, installation and management of IP-based CCTV; playing back and extracting the recorded videos for management review.
- VSAT and LAN/wireless network design and implementation
- Installation, configuration and management of Lock hub Door locking system
- Installation and configuration of the Time management and access control system for the Hotel
- Management of PaBX-Alcatel/Panasonic and call accounting systems
- Configure, verify, and troubleshoot VLAN`s, VPN`s.
- Making sure all firewalls and antivirus are updated and maintained
- Windows server installation, configuration and management supporting day to day operations of the company
- Web and graphic Designing
- Data Base Development
- New Technology Research
- Negotiation of All IT contracts: Planning, selection, management of sub-contractor carrying out all IT works
- Developing and implementing IT policy and best practice guides for the organization (SOP)
- Install, maintains, troubleshoots and upgrades computer hardware, software, personal computer networks, peripheral equipment; assesses user training needs and trains users in effective use of applications;
- Install, configures and upgrades operating systems and software, using standard business and administrative packages approved by the General Manager for the hotel(s); modify specific applications for use in operational departments with the approval of the General Manager.
- Install, assemble and configure computers, monitors, network infrastructure and peripherals such as printers, scanners and related hardware; pulls cables and rewires or directs the rewiring of cables as required for new installations and office reconfiguration.
- Troubleshooting problems with computer systems, including troubleshooting hardware and software, e-mail, network and peripheral equipment problems; making repairs and corrections where required.
- Acts as a technical resource in assisting users to resolve problems with equipment and data; staffs a help desk to facilitate exchange of information and advice; implements solutions or notifies outsource providers as required.
- Making hardware and software acquisition recommendations including helping users assess needs and providing justification for equipment and services.
- Assisting in instructing staff in the use of standard business and administrative software, including word processing, spreadsheets and database management; providing instruction or written documentation where required.
- Assisting with the planning, design, research and acquisition of new or upgraded hardware and software systems; maintaining current knowledge of hardware, software and network technology and recommends modifications as necessary; and maintains an up to date inventory and asset list of all IT equipment in the hotels.
- Responsible for data integration and updating the Antivirus on the LAN.
- Installing, configuring and upgrading operating systems and software, using primarily standard financial, business and administrative application practices;
- Installing, configuring, assembling and repairing computers, monitors, network infrastructure and peripherals such as printers and related hardware;
- Monitoring the LAN and WAN
- Troubleshooting and solving hardware and software problems;
- Instructing users on new or upgraded computer applications and hardware
QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Minimum of a Diploma or Degree in information technology or any equivalent combination of education and 5 years work experience in the similar role.
- Sufficient work experience in the hospitality industry will be an added advantage
- Good understanding of online marketing
- Creative, self motivated, proactive and confident
- Creative and able to be innovative
- Experience managing a diverse team and strong willingness to build capacity in junior staff
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Trust worth and Ability to manage highly sensitive and confidential information
- Able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines and procedures;
- Able to organize own work, setting priorities and meeting critical time deadlines; and
- Able to Communicate effectively with co-workers, subordinates, superiors, the general public, representatives of public and private organizations and others sufficient to exchange or convey information
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae with copies of Academic and Professional Certificates and contactable references. An application letter should be sent to [email protected] by the 20th April, 2019.
Please indicate the job title and location in the subject line of your e-mail.
Human Resources and Administration Manager,
Mika Convention Center,
P.O Box 38836,
Please note that if you do not hear from us after 14 days just know that you were not successful in your application.