Millennium Television Limited
MILLENNIUM TELEVISION STATION
Zambia’s leading business, finance, and developmental Television station wish to recruit the services of a Station Manager.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Superintend and guide operations of the station
- Present a workable strategic plan for the station to guide its operations
- Ensure all statutory obligations are met timely
- Ensure that Millennium Television continues to be the leader in the provision of up-to-date business and factual news.
- Work with news editor to ensure that all news bulletins are factual, accurate, balanced
- Ensure that all programs are well researched and articulated
- Work with news and current affairs editor to coordinate staff assignments
- Work with technical staff to ensure quality production
- Ensure there is a reliable filing system and ensure that all records are up to date
- Represent the Station at various fora and meetings
- Constantly monitor the station and make suggestions to improve the output and interaction with our listeners
- Work with marketing to increase revenue through program sponsorship and spot adverts
- Recommend training that enhances the profile and products from the station
- Any other duties assigned to you from time to time
- A bachelor’s degree or better in journalism or a related field.
- Hands-on experience in Electronic Media
- Control room experience required
- Experience in news production and script review
- Live line producing and experience handling breaking news, a proven ability to work well under pressure and deadline
- Strong writing and production skills
- Outstanding judgment, critical and strategic thinking, organization skills, and an ability to be persistent yet diplomatic
- Field producing experience strongly suggested
- Must be able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines required
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills.
- Communicates clearly and effectively.
- Works well with a team
- Exhibits strong problem-solving skills.
- Maintains a professional demeanor.
- Demonstrates knowledge of current media market trends.
- Exhibits familiarity with industry standards.
- Demonstrates ability to formulate and manage a realistic budget.
- Exhibits the ability to think both creatively and analytically.
Suitable candidates must send their applications, attaching their current CVs to [email protected]
The closing date for receiving applications is Wednesday, 31st August 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com