Requisition Number: 505603
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Location: Kalumbila (140km west of Solwezi)
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
- Provide technical support and fault management to the production and Maintenance teams.
- Monitor daily mesh network, two-way radio network, modular and collision avoidance operations status.
- Mining systems auditing and testing after installation.
- Resolve problems escalated from Dispatch team (1st line and 2nd line fault clearance).
- Escalate problems to OEM or vendors if required.
- Participate in 12-4 duty roster and if need be a standby/call out roster.
- Daily implementation of changes on mine systems and during rollout planned projects.
- Successful first time resolution on modular hardware related queries.
- Prepare instructions for configuration changes.
- To be able to configure and test two-way hand held and mobile radios for the mine.
- To be involved in Planning & implementing Change control including firmware upgrades on mining systems.
- Provide technical support on mobile equipment in the PIT or active mining environment.
- Perform periodic configuration audits for the all the mining systems, e.g. fatigue management system.
- Design and participate in regular preventive maintenance activities.
- Advice the mine on technology issues when needed.
- Provide technical daily or shift report to the mine on the activities and statuses of the mine systems and the infrastructure.
- To be able to work on the following mining and safety systems and any other new system that the mine can acquire. (a) Dispatch hardware, (b)DSS system, (c) Two-way radio, (d) Brigade products, (e)Split engineering system, (f) Rajant system, (g)Provision HPGPS system, (h) Vibration sensor systems, (i)PLM/VMHS systems.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Systems troubleshooting abilities.
- Industry based technical skills.
- Analytical and conceptual thinking, problem solving abilities.
- Manage faults and ensure deliverables are achieved.
- Manage and maintain communication flow on escalated support calls.
- Excellent skills and knowledge of all related network elements including related test instruments / tools.
- Knowledge of two-way radio frequency operations / configuration / parameters.
- Accuracy and quality when performing routine activities.
- Computer Literate, Microsoft products: Outlook, Office suite, Internet.
- Willingness to work standby and as when needed.
- Able to drive in and around the mine active areas- LV driver’s license a must.
- 2-3 years’ industry hands on experience on any one or more of the mining systems.
- Industry experience on computer networks technologies.
- Training and hands on experience in electrical, electronics, telecommunication and or mining systems.
- Industry hardware experience on mining fleet management systems (FMS) e.g. Modular, Wenco etc.
- Training and or industry experience on VHF networks.
- Knowledge and or experience on Mesh network Rajant equipment.
- Industry experience in Transmission or point to point networks.
- Trade/Crafts certificates or equivalent in any of the technical courses.
- Dip, Advanced certificate or certificate in Electrical, Electronics, Computer Science or Telecommunications.
- Industry certifications e.g. Microsoft,Cisco,Juniper,Fortigate,Motorola,Rajant etc.
- Performance and Results Orientated.
- Team player.
- Effective Communication abilities.
- Ability to manage change.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Demonstrate leadership skills.
Applications close: 15 Apr 2019 FLE Daylight Time