Lubambe Copper Mine
Lubambe Copper Mine is located within the Greater Konkola Area of the Zambian Copperbelt and consists of a large – scale mining license covering an area of approximately 240 square kilometres. The mine is a modern, world class facility with fully mechanized underground operations.
Lubambe Copper Mine is owned by EMR Capital of Australia (80%) and ZCCM – Investments Holdings (20%).
The Mine is currently in a ramp up stage and will ultimately produce 45, 000 tonnes of contained copper and will employ approximately 1,500 people. The Plant infrastructure consists of a Concentrator plant, a laboratory and underground infrastructure. The Concentrator incorporates crushing, milling, flotation and filtration. The design capacity is 2.5 MTPA of ore at an average mill grade of 2.3% copper, yielding 45,000 tonnes of contained copper in concentrate to be sold to smelters in Zambia.
Lubambe Copper Mine seeks to employ experienced and qualified individuals in the following position:
This position reports to the Underground Manager.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
To operate with the Shift Supervisors in the various shifts and guide them on planning, organize, lead and control operations in the areas of responsibility. The trainer should be able to do a gap analysis of the Supervisors and design a training program to address the shortcoming in them.
Key Performance Areas/Indicators (KPA/Is):
- Provide a gap analysis for Supervisors.
- Design a development program for the Supervisors.
- Train the Shift Bosses on planning, organisation, leading and controlling.
- Educate the Shift Bosses on productivities.
- Provide guidance to the supervisors to drive performance from the workers.
- Ensure that targets in production, stope-drilling and development are met.
- Work with Senior Managers, other Specialists and their Frontline Supervisors to control the mine operations
- Oversee and advise on short- and medium-term planning for the clear understanding of the Supervisors.
- Ensure that maintenance and other services within Supervisors control are of the correct standard to provide the same on time.
- Assist and train supervisors to maintain and control operating costs in order to be within budgetary limits.
- Adhere to statutory and domestic regulations, in particular, those relating to safe working practices in order to minimize injury to personnel and damage to Company property.
- Ensure proper utilisation of the labour force which should be of the right composition and appropriate skills so as to meet operating and production targets.
- Maintain good industrial relations and high morale conducive to high productivity.
Professional and Academic Qualifications:
- Minimum of Diploma or bachelor’s degree in Mining Engineering or equivalent from a reputable institution with 10 years’ experience at lower levels and a further 5 years’ experience on the job to attain a fully acceptable level of performance.
- Thorough knowledge in mining operations and should be very conversant with
- Managerial/supervisory skills, excellent written communication skills and high conceptual/analytical skills.
- Ability to solve problems and make appropriate decisions, considering all relevant factors.
- Should possess good mining ethics including the ability to work and cooperate with other miners and technical staff/contractors.
- Should work within the scope of delegated authority and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Computer literacy, proficient in the use of Excel and Word.
- Participate in ongoing training & development of employees and recommend those with potential for further development.
- Should have material and labour control experience and observe the Company’s Code of Conduct for employees and contribute to the attainment of set Company objectives.
- He should be self-disciplined, self-motivated and should possess a high level of integrity.
- Demonstrate and promote respect for the diverse cultures at the workplace.
- Be in possession of a clean and valid drivers’ license.
Applicants who meet the above requirements are invited to send their Curriculum Vitae in MS word format to [email protected]. Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement. The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 19TH October 2018.
Please do not send scanned copies of your educational qualifications at this stage.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.