Website Misenge Environmental and Technical Services Limited
A member of the ZCCM-IH Group of Companies
Misenge Environmental and Technical Services Ltd (METS) is a multifaceted full-service company with a traceable excellent knowledge and record of environmental management in the mining and mineral processing industry in Zambia. The Company is the former Environmental Department of ZCCM Investments Holdings Plc (ZCCM-IH Plc).
Job Summary: To provide case management of children with elevated lead in blood and provide medical treatment directed by the physician.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that all cases of elevated lead in blood for children are properly followed up offer advice to parents and guardians on the environmental factors they have to implement at home to ensure good health of their children.
- Supervise all other case management personnel that may be engaged by METS.
- Proper delivery of services at household level.
- Follow up visits are made to the care givers in order to monitor how siblings are being looked after then counsel accordingly for the well being of their children, do spot checks in the way diet is prepared for their families.
- Carry out random sampling in communities as a recruitment exerciser to identify children to be put on integrated case management and food supplement.
- Carry out lead in blood monitoring of children on integrate case management by venous sampling as directed by physician.
- Administer medication and other supplements for reducing lead in blood as directed by the physician.
- Monitor the delivery of risk communication messages in communities; provide Information and techniques to overall effort of lead reduction based messages of lead exposure to affected children.
- Prepare work schedule to ensure timely management of set programs.
- Compile monthly reports for analysis and further planning.
Requirements (Education and experience)
- Diploma in Nursing/Midwifery
- 2 years relevant experience
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of community engagement techniques and environmental issues is an added advantage.
Key knowledge, attributes, skills and abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Office management skills
- Preferably GRZ retired nurses
Application clearly marked ‘ENVIRONMENTAL NURSE’ together with copies of certificates and detailed curriculum vitae should reach the undersigned not later than Thursday 31st August 2023.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to.
The Chief Executive Officer
Misenge Environmental and Technical Services Limited
ZCCM-IH Mawe Complex, Sub-division 27 of farm 1937, Maina
Soko Road, Kalulushi | PO Box 20172, Kitwe
Forward your applications to: [email protected]