Website Misenge Environmental and Technical Services Limited
A member of the ZCCM-IH Group of Companies
Misenge Environmental and Technical Services Ltd (METS) is a consulting firm providing Environmental Consultancy, Analytical Services, Radiation Safety Services and Engineering Services to clients in Zambia and the region. METS is a 100% owned subsidiary Company of ZCCM-Investments Holdings Plc
The Company now invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons who are innovative, energetic, and performance-driven to fill the following vacancy:
Job Summary: The job holder will be responsible for ensuring that METS has all relevant environmental and radiation licenses and permits to enable the company to provide environmental and radiation safety services to clients in compliance with local and international regulations and best practices. Responsible for ensuring that the provision of environmental and radiation safety services consultancy to clients is done effectively and efficiently. Leads and oversees a diverse team of technical specialists in environment and radiation safety services
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads and oversees a diverse team of technical specialists in execution of Environmental Impact Assessments (environment, socio-economic, health) Studies, Environmental Project Briefs, Resettlement Action Plans, Environmental Audits, Environmental Due Diligence, Ionising Radiation Surveys, Radiation Safety Management Plans, Radiation Sealed Sources Conditioning and Radiation Protection Audits in the fields of infrastructure, hydrocarbons, power and minerals & mining sector.
- Oversees the environmental and radiation performance of the company and develops, implements and monitors environmental and radiation strategies that promote sustainable development.
- Plans and prepares environmental and radiation safety budgets.
- Plans and manages environmental and radiation projects, including scope, budget, schedule, project team and internal and external clients.
- Assesses, analyses and collates environmental and radiation performance data and reports information to clients and regulatory bodies.
- Superintends the preparation of environmental and radiation reports
- Ensures the delivery of project documents to the highest standard in accordance with project timescales
- Plans and manages, controls, oversees and coordinates the implementation of hazardous materials and Environmental program and function
- Provides day-to-day management and oversight of assigned personnel and monitors daily hazardous materials and Environmental operations and activities.
- Plans and ensures for the protection of personnel and the environment.
- Supervises the development of operating instructions and procedures involving hazardous material requirements and processes in accordance with local and international regulations and guidelines.
- Develops and conducts hazardous Materials training to managerial, supervisory, and base personnel. Develops lesson plans, course materials and schedules and conducts training.
- Oversees and approves preparation of Terms of Reference for engagement of individual consultants to be subcontracted by METS.
- Oversees environmental assessment of projects and programmes including ESMF, SEA, ESIA, ESMP, RAP, EPB and ensures submission of clear and concise written reports.
- Keeps up to date with relevant changes in environmental legislation/ policy/ guidance.
- Liaises with regulatory bodies such as ZEMA, RPA and MSD
- Provides input to business development proposals; assist in building our client portfolio and to continuously improve our service offering for our clients
- Consults and attends meetings with clients and regulators to establish and maintain good client relationships.
- Understands the environmental services industry and monitors and communicates new market drivers and regulatory changes.
- Assist clients in developing in their corporate Sustainability or ESG Policies
- Review/analyze client’s corporate activities and provide recommendations to enhance their sustainability/ESG strategy, methods, framework, and related tools to support clients in achieving their sustainability/ ESG objectives.
- Manage the review and development of sustainability/ESG programs and related reporting, such as materiality assessments, gap analysis, metric/KPI identification (in alignment with common sustainability/ESG reporting standards and frameworks).
- Support clients in their ESG-Decarbonization digital transformation
- Performs any other duties as reasonably assigned by the CEO from time to time.
Education and experience
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Management/Science/Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, and related fields from an accredited University
- A Master’s Degree shall be an added advantage
- At least 5 years relevant professional experience in environmental management and/or radiation management experience
- Proven record of EIA project experience, sustainability consulting or project management
- Proficient in technical reporting and presentation
- Experience as a functional team or project team leader
- Proven project and customer management and regulator liaison experience
- Experienced in leading and preparing high quality proposals
Key knowledge, attributes, skills and abilities
- Proven track record of project management of Environmental Impact Assessment
- Working knowledge of hazardous materials management including and other hazardous pollutants.
- Leads, plans, coordinates, and conducts environmental studies and projects, including monitoring work quality, budget, schedule, and compliance with environmental specifications, rules, regulations, and laws
- Good familiarity of environmental legislations, policy and regulatory requirements, environmental and safety related international treaties and industry guidelines, of which Zambia is a signatory
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivation and the ability to lead multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to manage a variable workload and conflicting deadlines
- Ability to critically review and provide constructive comment on technical subject matter
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment to achieve complex project objectives and expectations
- Ability to inspire others
- Good organization and time management
- Availability to travel and spend periods of time in the field
Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality requirements
- To ensure good housekeeping at all times
- To report all incident/accidents to the immediate supervisor
- To protect own health and safety and that of others.
- Ensures Compliance to Legal requirements
Physical Environmental Risk exposure
Mostly works under normal office conditions with limited exposure to dust during site visits.
Applications together with detailed curriculum vitae should be addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Misenge Environmental and Technical Services Ltd
and forwarded to [email protected]
*Women are strongly encouraged to apply.