Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-governmental organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And its girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Working in Zambia since 1996, Plan International Zambia’s development and humanitarian programmes focus primarily on Inclusive Quality Education, Skills and Opportunities for Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship, Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights, Early Childhood Development and Gender Responsive Child Protection. Child protection is key in all that we do. Plan International Zambia has Programme Areas (PAs) in; Central, Luapula, and Eastern Provinces including in Lusaka, where the Country Office is located.
We are looking for experienced and vibrant self-starters to fill the following position:
MONITORING AND EVALUATION OFFICER (Lusaka, Country Office) – Scaling Up Nutrition Phase II
The job holder is responsible for supporting Scaling Up Nutrition II project in planning, information gathering and synthesis, reflection and reporting processes. This includes participating in consolidating and regular review of the Project Detailed Implementation Plan (DIP) as well as developing and regular review of the MER plan. This position is responsible for monitoring Project indicators, outcomes, budget and MER plans.
The incumbent will be reporting to the Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) Manager with dotted line to the National Project Manager.
- Facilitates development of participatory monitoring and evaluation systems including Community Participator Monitoring and Evaluation (PM&E) Systems for enhanced accountability of the Project.
- Provides technical leadership in planning and coordination of Baselines, Assessments, Evaluations, Research and case studies to enhance performance measurement and learning in the Project.
- Leads SUN II project team in generating and sharing lessons learnt and best practices from MER activities for continuous program improvement.
- Facilitates capacity-building on M&E to staff and stakeholder to ensure quality data collection and management in the Project.
- Ensures production of timely and high-quality program monitoring and evaluation reports for evidence-based accountability.
- Participates in development of yearly program budgets and project operational plans.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Demography, Social Sciences or equivalent from a recognized university.
- Demonstrated skills in usage of statistical packages.
- Experience in Participatory methodologies.
- Proven understanding of MERL concepts in developmental work.
- Proven understanding of programming concepts and gender Transformative programming.
- Strong analytical and logical ability.
- Good knowledge of programming processes, systems and principles, and the ability to provide leadership and support to staff working at community level.
- Design and management skills.
- Numeracy and the ability to interpret data, in order to provide management support to programming and budgetary processes including planning, monitoring and reporting.
- Facilitation and presentation skills.
- Good administrative and presentation skills.
To apply for this position visit this link.
Kindly note that only candidates who meet the above specifications and competencies should apply. Applications should reach the undersigned not later than 9th November, 2023, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All Applications should be dated and addressed to:
The Country Human Resource Manager
Plan International Zambia
Private Bag 518X
Plot 87A, Off Kabulonga road
We provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds. We foster an organizational culture that embraces and exemplifies our commitment to gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion while supporting staff to adopt good practice, positive attitudes and principles of gender equality and inclusion.