Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-governmental organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And its girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Working in Zambia since 1996, Plan International Zambia’s development and humanitarian programmes focus primarily on Inclusive Quality Education, Skills and Opportunities for Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship, Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights, Early Childhood Development and Gender Responsive Child Protection. Child protection is key in all that we do. Plan International Zambia has Programme Areas (PAs) in; Central, Luapula, and Eastern Provinces including in Lusaka, where the Country Office is located.
MONITORING AND EVALUATION OFFICER (Eastern Program Area) – Break Free Programme, Zambia
The purpose of Monitoring and Evaluation Officer is to ensure monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning activities of Plan International Zambia are implemented based on Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning strategy, standard and program quality policy. This would be demonstrated in undertaking responsibilities which includes technical and support supervision of project implementation and review of research/study reports and providing capacity building training on Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL)/Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) for staff and partners and establishing data base, documenting lessons learned and good practices.
The incumbent will be reporting to the Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) Manager with dotted line to the Program Area Manager.
- With the support of the project technical leads, to support in leading rapid and detailed mappings and assessments.
- To ensure regular communication with Participatory Monitoring, Evaluation, Reflection and Learning (PMERL) Plan regional/global technical teams to integrate appropriate technical input and priorities in MERL.
- Work on proposal development (log-frame) by providing relevant inputs on indicators and measurement tools in close coordination with the technical unit and project management team.
- Ensure that the quality of project supported M&E trainings, review meetings and supportive supervisions are maintained.
- Provide monitoring and evaluation training to relevant project staff and government staff engaged in data management and utilization.
- Facilitate regular programme monitoring in collaboration with project M&E team.
- Ensures that Programme staff are properly inducted on and understands their role in upholding Plan International’s safeguarding and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI) policies.
- Understands and puts into practice the responsibilities under Safeguarding and GEI policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), ensuring that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in Social Sciences, Development, Education, Social Work, International Relations, Gender studies or similar field.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience in similar environment.
- Experience in working with M&E systems in an NGO/INGO
- Demonstrated experience in managing child sponsorship operations.
- Experience of strategic leadership and planning processes.
- Experience in INGOs sponsorship management systems and financial regulations.
- Previous experience working within a team in a cross-cultural setting;
- Good understanding of gender and ability to engage on gender equality issues;
- Good knowledge and experience in Project Cycle Management
- Good Experience in utilizing internationals tools such as: The INEE Minimum Standards Reference Tool accompanies and the INEE Minimum Standards Handbook.
- Knowledge and understanding of best practices in M&E including global practices.
- Knowledge and experience in research and investigation
To apply for this position visit: https://jobs.plan-international.org/job-invite/48080/
Kindly note that only candidates who meet the above specifications and competencies should apply. Applications should reach the undersigned not later than 9th November, 2023, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All Applications should be dated and addressed to:
The Country Human Resource Manager
Plan International Zambia
Private Bag 518X
Plot 87A, Off Kabulonga road
We provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds. We foster an organizational culture that embraces and exemplifies our commitment to gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion while supporting staff to adopt good practice, positive attitudes and principles of gender equality and inclusion.