Position Title: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer
Location: Lusaka with frequent travel to Chinyunyu, Nyimba & Mfuwe
Reports to: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager
The MEL Assistant is an integral member of BCP’s CFP team and must establish a high level of interaction and coordination with all other members of the BCP team to ensure that BCP’s goals and objectives are attained. The MEL Assistant will support the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager to design as well as oversee the implementation of a robust MEL system for BCP. S/he must effectively manage relationships with BCP and partner staff to establish and oversee comprehensive M&E, knowledge management and learning systems that will improve the quality of BCP activities. More specifically, the MEL Assistant will support the MEL Manager to revise BCP’s Monitoring and Evaluation Plan; design, revise and oversee implementation of electronic and paper-based data collection, data management, and reporting system; train staff in core MEL functions; support the design and implementation of surveys, operational research and evaluation; support facilitation of annual critical reflection events to capture and document learning for program improvement; support annual review and work plan development; conduct routine data quality audits; and conduct regular field missions to BCP sites to oversee filed level implementation of MEL, identify success stories for documentation, and verify and validate field level data.
Key measures and targets
- A valid and reliable data collection system with tools that are used and understood by all users
- Accurate, on time reporting of all performance indicators every quarter by 10th of the end of quarter.
- Zero data audit findings.
- Field staff know how to use MEL tools.
- Data recorded and filed, & MIS updated within two days of receipt.
- Zero cases of field staff failing to collect data.
- CET Teams at all sites
- Other stakeholders (implementing partners such as COMACO
Capabilities, competencies and experience needed for the job
- At least 2 years of experience with data collection, management, analysis and report writing on USAID projects
- Degree in Social Sciences / Statistics
- Experience in training & transfer of MEL skills to MEL and non-MEL staff
- Ability to work under pressure, respond to work assignments on short deadlines and meet deadlines;
- Experience with analytical packages such as SPSS, and strong computer skills,
- Communicates effectively with internal and external audiences.
- Good team player
DEADLINE: 22nd June 2018
Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org