Jhpiego is recruiting for Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Advisor
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Advisor will report to the MCGL Program Lead. The MEL Advisor will be responsible for the technical leadership, oversight and strategic direction to strengthen Health systems at national and sub-national levels in target provinces in Zambia for the USAID Momentum Zambia field Support. He/She under the supervision of the MCGL Program Lead, will in collaboration with MOH at national and subnational levels and other RMNCAH implementing partners, develop strategies and innovations for health systems strengthening for an enabling environment for effective RMNCAH service delivery. He/She will provide demand driven TA to MOH at all levels and other RMNCAH implementing partners to strengthen RMNCAH best practices, Performance management and health management systems at provincial, district, and facility levels. He/She will be based in Lusaka but will oversee and support technical assistance teams in the two target provinces.
MER Systems Development & Implementation
Support MCGL in:
- Developing Evaluation & Performance Monitoring Plans and Theory of Change with clearly defined indicators to measure program performance and quality
- Develop M&E plans/strategies detailing project specific routine monitoring activities, planned evaluations and personnel coordination and management.
- Design/adapt Data Collection Tools and Data Management Systems to collect performance data at all levels (Province, District and Facility) in consultation with key program and technical personnel
- Coordinate MER team planning for monthly data collection of performance indicators
- Review routine data analysis, indicator performance trackers, data review presentations, bulletins and consolidate monthly reports.
- Support data management and reporting for program quality assessments/initiatives.
- Provide evidence to inform project strategies and work plans aligned with project objectives
- Support MCGL in the development of donor reports and other organization wide reporting requirements using DIS and other internal systems
- Lead research/evaluation framework design workshops and development of protocols
- Support MCGL to prepare Institutional Review Board (IRB) submission packages and manage IRB processes from submission through approval working with all mandatory agencies
- Support MCGL in Recruiting and training field personnel/survey team and oversee field work coordination
- Work with MCGL to identify abstracts and potential manuscripts, support drafting of abstracts and papers, ensuring data inputs and accurate results with appropriate statistical tests.
- Organize and facilitate evaluation dissemination events with appropriate dissemination tools
- Ensures that evaluation reports and datasets are archived as required ensuring confidentiality and integrity.
Knowledge Management & Stakeholder Management
- Support MCGL to identify case studies and success stories from project reports and activities
- Support to MCGL review and rewrite case studies and success stories
- Support knowledge asset identification, archiving and retrieval, following up with project team members to ensure organization Knowledge Management tools are consistently used
- Development and update project bulletins (internal and external)
- Represent Jhpiego at technical working groups and other relevant meetings with MOH and MCGL
- Support MCGL in ensuring regular participation in the MOH TWG meetings
- Cultivate strategic MER relationships and alliances with other implementing partners
- Mentorship of MCGL staff in MER
- Masters in Public Health or a Master’s degree in related field preferred
- Experience in implementing USAID funded programs with understanding of Donor, regulations, compliance and reporting requirements.
- At least 8-9 years of recent senior-level experience in successful field implementation and management of M&E programs in any of the following areas: maternal and child health, nutrition,, health system strengthening, community system strengthening.
- Strong data analysis and data management skillset.
- Technical skills in monitoring and evaluation, including at least 4-5 of the following:
- Data quality improvement
- Timely data analysis, synthesis and communication of results
- Design and implementation of evaluation protocols
- Design and implementation of program monitoring systems
- Development and field-testing of data collection instruments for M&E indicators
- Data collection planning and implementation (routine or survey)
- Translation of complex data systems and results into understandable lessons learned and action priorities for programmatic and other technical staff
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, leadership, supervisory and conflict management skills
- Strong computer skills including Excel, Word, and Word Perfect applications
- Strong change management, results-oriented and decision-making skills
- Ability to take initiatives and be creative
- Ability to work independently with very little supervision
- A team player with ability to work with a very diverse group of people and environment.
- Ability to supervise in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to achieve desired results
- Strong communication (writing and oral presentation) skills
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally
Please send your application letter and curriculum vitae only in a single document to the Human Resources Director: [email protected]
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Closing Date is Friday June 18, 2022