Plan International Zambia
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-governmental organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And its girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries. Child protection is key in all that we do.
Working in Zambia since 1996, Plan International Zambia’s deelopment and capacity building programmes focus primarily on Education, Health, Water and Sanitation, Economic Security and Youth Empowerment, including Child Protection and Participation. Plan International Zambia has programme areas (PAs) in; Central, Luapula, and Eastern Provinces including in Lusaka, where the Country Office is located
We are looking for experienced, vibrant and self-starters to fill the following positions to be based at our Eastern Program Area;
MONITORING & EVALUATION OFFICER – (X1) – CHIPATA
2 YEARS CONTRACT
The incumbent reports to the Project Manager – Break Free Project and will be responsible for supporting the Break Free Project in planning, information gathering and synthesis, reflection and reporting processes. This includes participating in consolidating and regular review of the Project Detailed Implementation Plan (DIP) as well as developing and regular review of the Monitoring Evaluation and Research (MER) plan. S/He is responsible for monitoring Project indicators, outcomes, budget and MER plans.
- Supports the development of MER Plans for Project effectiveness and learning in the delivery of activities.
- Strengthens and institutionalizes corporate monitoring systems and tools for the Break Free Project, target schools for effective management of outcomes and results.
- Facilitates development of participatory monitoring and evaluation systems including Community Participatory Monitoring and Evaluation Systems for enhanced accountability of the Project.
- Provides technical leadership in planning and coordination of baselines, assessments, evaluations, research and case studies to enhance performance measurement and learning in the Project.
- Leads Break Free project team in generating and sharing lessons learnt and best practices from MER activities for continuous program improvement.
- Facilitates capacity-building on M&E to staff and stakeholder to ensure quality data collection and management in the Project.
- Ensures production of timely and high-quality program monitoring and evaluation reports for evidence-based accountability.
- Participates in the development of yearly program budgets and project operational plans.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Demography, Social Sciences or equivalent from a recognized university.
- At least 3 years practical work experience in monitoring & evaluation.
- Demonstrated skills in usage of statistical packages.
- Experience in Participatory methodologies.
- Proven understanding of Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) concepts in developmental work.
- Proven understanding of programming concepts and gender Transformative programming.
- Strong analytical and logical ability.
- Good knowledge of programming processes, systems, principles, ability to provide leadership and support to staff working at community level.
- Design and management skills.
- Ability to interpret data, in order to provide management support to programming and budgetary processes including planning, monitoring and reporting.
- Good administrative, presentation and facilitation skills.
To apply, kindly send through your application letter, copies of qualifications and CV, indicating day time telephone and/or mobile contacts clearly stating the job title of interest to [email protected]. Kindly note that only candidates who meet the above specifications and competencies should apply. Applications should reach the undersigned not later than Tuesday, 12th January, 2021, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Country Human Resource Manager
Plan International Zambia
Private Bag 518X
Plot 87A Kabulonga Road
Plan International provides equal employment opportunities to qualified and experienced women and men, Women are especially encouraged to apply.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.