DAPP Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) Child Aid Project is inviting suitably qualified and experienced serving employees of DAPP in Zambia to apply for the position of Monitoring & Evaluation Officer, tenable in Mongu.
Job summary/ responsibilities:
- Report to the Project Coordinator and M&E Specialist
- Provide support to create a strong and efficient team at project level
- Plan M&E activities for the project on a yearly, quarterly, monthly, weekly and daily basis, according to the approved project work-plan and budget.
- Train project staff in M&E concepts, new tools and databases
- Develop data collection tools and systems. Work with staff and partners to make TCE data collection modifications, based on analysis of routine data
- Ensure timely data collection and entry into databases according to the project M&E plan
- Analyse data, document results on key performance indicators and conduct regular updating of project performance monitoring plans in order to highlight progress on expected outputs and outcomes.
- Monitor and evaluate activities through monitoring and supervision visits including data quality assessments in the project areas on a weekly basis.
- Responsible for database development and management. This includes coordinating the development and implementation of necessary electronic or hard copy databases.
- Be responsible for quality data storage and ensure that all data is in order and updated
- Prepare donor and partner reports, timely, using the provided reporting systems and develop visual presentations
- Participate in partner, stakeholder, management and staff meetings and present visual reports
- Support the OVC project in on-going program review and planning using data results to improve the project implementation. This includes the development of various planning and review documents
- Use data generated from the studies/assessments to inform programming and development of new programmes; and in future participate in conducting of research studies, impact assessments and project evaluations.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with Ministry of Health at provincial and district levels and other partners through participation in Provincial/District Integrated Meetings and Technical Working Groups
- Degree with a major in demography and a minor within social sciences.
- At least two years’ relevant work experience in M&E of PEPFAR Health and HIV activities in a complex, multi-year health sector development projects
- Have competence and experience working with Advanced Excel, MER, SmartCare, DQMIS and DHIS2.
- Strong diagnostic, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ready to revise M&E protocols and systems in order to adopt changed funding agency demands
- Vast experience with development of M&E work and direct supervision of staff in implementation of monitoring and evaluation.
- Sensitivity to and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding HIV prevention, care, and treatment, also of key populations.
- Excellent written English and oral communication skills to all levels of staff.
Applications with detailed CVs must be received by Friday, 10th March, 2023. Do not attach certificates and other documentation at this stage.
The cover letter and CV must be one document, and the applicant’s name must be the document title, and the subject title of the email must be Monitoring & Evaluation Officer Application.