Lubuto Library Partners
Organization: Lubuto Library Partners
Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Summary: The M/E Officer will be responsible for ensuring data from Lubuto Library Partners’ DREAMS Innovation Challenge grant is collected and entered into our databases in a timely fashion. Additionally, the M/E Officer will analyse data and provide periodic reports to management, track targets, and create data reports for funders.
About Lubuto Library Partners: Lubuto provides an open system of libraries and accessible services and works with colleagues in Africa to build their capacity to serve young people through public libraries. Our mission is to empower African children and youth and help them develop the knowledge and skills to reconnect with their culture and community and participate fully in society.
Lubuto constructs enduring, indigenously-styled open-access libraries stocked with comprehensive collections of well-chosen books and appropriate technology. These libraries serve as safe havens and are the center for Lubuto’s outreach and programs, which offer education, psychosocial support and self-expression through reading, music, art, drama, computers, mentoring and other activities.
More than 80,000 children have visited Lubuto libraries over three quarters of a million times in disadvantaged communities in Zambia. More information about us can be found at Lubuto.org.
- Work with management to broadly evaluate the impact of the Lubuto Model on individual, group, community, and national levels using a mixture of quantitative and qualitative methods;
- Work with an M&E consultant to develop specific tools and procedures for M/E under the DREAMS programs;
- Ensure that M&E tools are well understood by other program staff through training;
- Work with management and program staff in streamlining the assessment process for existing programs and the overall library service;
- Work with data architects in developing an integrated M&E system across all LLP’s operations;
- Provide relevant data summaries to management, while suggesting ways that immediate action can be taken to improve services;
- Collect qualitative data through interviews, focus groups, and observation, and provide qualitative input for external communications, e.g. newsletter and blog;
- Support donor reporting, drawing from the M&E system for overall program results as well as for specific projects;
- Support Program Manager to undertake field monitoring missions;
- Work with the Communications Manager to develop publicity materials for the LLP Zambia office;
- Support administrative tasks as assigned by management;
- Support the organization of special events, e.g. community awareness-raising, workshops, etc.
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts in the Social Sciences
- Economics or statistics training is highly desirable
- Monitoring and evaluation experience is highly desirable
Experience and Skills:
- Embraces the mission of Lubuto Library Partners.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal and organizational skills, is attentive to detail
- Communicates effectively with diverse audiences, both orally and in writing
- Is a “self-starter,” driven to develop and maintain systems and network relationships.
- Organizes and leads efforts, and consistently “follows through” on tasks and goals.
- Displays a positive attitude, shows concern for people and community, and demonstrates presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability.
- Cares deeply about advancing the educational status and rights of young people in substantially disadvantaged communities.
- Previous work experience with vulnerable children and youth is highly desirable
- Previous work in the educational sector is desirable
- The M&E Officer will work out of LLP’s Lusaka office, with regular trips to libraries to monitor data collection, design processes and train staff.
Compensation and position start:
- Position starts immediately
How to apply:
- Submit a cover letter stating why you are a good fit for this job, along with your resume, salary history/expectation, and three traceable references to [email protected]
- Include contact information (phone and email) in your application
- Applications not containing all of the above will not be considered
Applications will be accepted until September 17th, 2017.
Ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advert.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org