World Vision Zambia (WVZ)
World Vision Zambia (WVZ) Limited is a faith-based Organization dealing with Relief aid, Development, and Advocacy dedicated to working with children, families, and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. WVZ is part of World Vision International and serves all people regardless of religion, race, tribe, or gender. We are currently working on 38 large-scale programs in over 30 districts in Zambia.
Position: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer – Scaling Up Nutrition 2 (SUN 2) Project
Reporting to: Project Manager
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Purpose of the Position: To ensure functional Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) system at field level and assist the Nutrition Coordinator in providing support to District Nutrition Coordinating Committee (DNCC) and Ward Nutrition Coordinating Committee (WNCC) in data management. Moreover, the job holder works with the direct supervisor in the coordination and/or the implementation of projects’ baselines and evaluations, as well as the implementation of standardized Monitoring and Evaluation processes and tools for all sectors at field level. S/he will implement and support the project according work plan and prepare reports.
- Conduct and coordinate baselines and evaluation studies, and lead the projects ‘baseline and evaluation studies at field level.
- Develop the design document, data collection tools, test the data collection tools, and offer training on data collection tools.
- Develop and implement MEAL Framework requirement in collaboration with NFNC.
- Coordinate M&E function with field level staff for high quality data collection, data analysis and report writing.
- Develop project specific MEAL frameworks in consultation with project staff, NFNC, UNICEF and partners from line ministries.
- Develop methodology, sampling, and tools for outcome and process monitoring studies
- Support the program in setting up and implementing functional monitoring systems that will be used to plan and monitor project activities in collaboration with NFNC and UNICEF
- Review all reports to ensure they are prepared using the standard formats.
- Assist project teams to conduct monthly review meetings to discuss performance against targets for all activities, explaining any performance variances, identifying and addressing implementation challenges, documenting lessons learned and most-significant success stories and, generating consensus on targets for the next month.
- Coach and provide capacity building for project staff on output level monitoring, data collection and data entry for pre-post tests
- Attend and participate in devotions
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in statistics, physical, biological or social sciences.
- At least two years hands on experience in monitoring and evaluation of programs, preferably related to Reproductive Maternal Neo Natal Child Adolescent Health and Nutrition (RMNCHAN), Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) or Food Security programming
- Ability to think logically and systematically and have good organizational skills
- Any training in statistics and or experience in statistical analysis is an added advantage.
- Experience in using Microsoft Office (Word, Access, Excel)
- Experience in using database and statistical software such as Epi lnfo, SPSS, ENA for SMART, etc.
- Excellent skill in report writing
- Experience in project proposal writing.
- Ability to innovate, take initiatives and focus on quality outcomes and services to beneficiaries and customers.
“World Vision Zambia is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from all forms of abuse and sexual exploitation. All employment is conditional upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks”.
Applications will close by 31st January 2021. Only those who meet the requirements will be contacted.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply; ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted!
To apply please visit careers.wvi.org.