Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-governmental organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And its girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries. Child protection is key in all that we do.
Working in Zambia since 1996, Plan International Zambia’s development and capacity building programmes focus primarily on Education, Health, Water and Sanitation, Economic Security and Youth Empowerment, including Child Protection and Participation. Plan International Zambia has programme units in; Central, Luapula, and Eastern Provinces including in Lusaka, where the Country Office is located.
We are looking for experienced, innovative, motivated, self-starter individuals to fill the position of Monitoring and Evaluation Officer on the WASH SDG Project.
Monitoring & Evaluation Officer – WASH SDG Project (x1) (Country Office –Lusaka)
Job Purpose: He/she will provide technical leadership on all project M&E related activities, including the development of the M&E System for data capturing, storage and analysis. The incumbent reports to the Quality Effective Manager. The job holder is responsible for supporting all project areas and CO on WASH SDG planning, information gathering and synthesis, reflection and reporting processes on MER.
Key responsibilities for this position include;
- Strengthens and institutionalizes corporate monitoring systems and tools for the WASH SDG, Program for effective management of outcomes and results.
- Supports development and review programs and projects to ensure that the strategies and approaches used are in line with WASH SDG log frame and the Country Strategic Plan.
- Supports the development of MER Plans for WASH SDG program and capture all learnings in the delivery of program.
- Facilitates development of – participatory monitoring and evaluation systems including Community Participatory Monitoring and Evaluation (PM&E) Systems for enhanced WASH accountability in the project.
- Provides technical leadership in planning and coordination of Baselines, Assessments, Evaluations, Research and case studies to enhance performance measurement and learning.
- Leads WASH SDG team in generating and sharing lessons learnt and best practices from MER activities for continuous program improvement.
- Create strong linkages with government departments and other national and international MER partner in WASH.
- Ensures production of timely and high quality program monitoring and evaluation reports for evidence based accountability
- Ensure objectives, outcomes and indicators in WASH SDG measure gender equality in project.
Individual Specifications include:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Demography, Development Studies or equivalent from a recognized university.
- At least 3 years practical work experience in Monitoring, Evaluation & Research, preferably on a WASH program.
- Demonstrated skills in usage of statistical packages ,
- Experience in participatory methodologies
- Proven understanding of programming concepts , outcome mapping , result based management
- Strong analytical and logical ability
- Good knowledge of programming processes, systems and principles, and the ability to provide leadership and support to staff working at community level.
- Design and management skills
- Facilitation and presentation skills
For full details on the job profile please send an email, clearly stating the job title of interest to [email protected]. Kindly note that only candidates who meet the above specifications and competencies should apply enclosing their CVs, and photocopies of their relevant academic qualifications. Day time telephone and/or mobile contacts should be clearly indicated. Applications should be received by Friday 17th November 2017. Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement when applying for this role.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Plan International provides equal employment opportunities to qualified and experienced women and men
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com