Eastern Provincial Health Office
OPENING DATE: 7th September 2020
CLOSING DATE: 11th September, 2020
WORK HOURS: Full-Time, 40 Hours/Week
Eastern Provincial Health Office under the US President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) Project through a Cooperative Agreement (CoAg) with the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the above listed position.
MONITORING & EVALUATION SPECIALIST (1POSITION)
Location: Eastern Provincial Health Office- Chipata District
Job Purpose: To provide technical leadership and oversight in strengthening project Monitoring & Evaluation Systems under the US President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through the Cooperative Agreement with the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Coordinates, designs, and ensures appropriate, high quality implementation and strengthening of monitoring systems and evaluation projects as defined in the Country Operational Plan (COP) as well as other project data needs.
- Assists the project to plan, initiate, conduct, evaluate, and coordinate complex HIV/AIDS M&E and to monitor program implementation, document, and present results, and translate data into meaningful policy and program improvement.
- Develops and maintains collaboration with other M&E and program staff at provincial, district, and facility level in order to ensure that project M&E contributes significantly and as required, to achievement of project goals through proper demonstration of results and learning.
- Undertakes to perform regular and as required, project data analysis and presentation in order to facilitate decision making.
- Undertakes regularly, trainings, mentorships, and Technical Assistance programs in order to build and strengthen capacities at all levels of health care in the province in Monitoring and Evaluation
- Supervises effectively, human, financial, and other material resources in order to facilitate achievement of set objectives
Required Qualification, Skills and Experience
- A Degree or higher in Demography, Statistics, public health, epidemiology, evaluation, and monitoring with specialization in quantitative aspects is required.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible, professional-level experience working as an M&E specialist in a health/medical research organization, university, or public health program, PEPFAR implementing agency or in-country PEPFAR Implementing partner mechanism is required.
- Fluent in English, (speaking, writing, and reading) is required.
- Strong oral and written communications skills are required to develop and maintain effective, sustainable working relationships with district, provincial, national, and international working partners and to prepare written reports. Ability to analyze, understand and discuss new program design, management and implementation approaches is required.
- Strong knowledge of monitoring and evaluation methodology, data quality assurance, analysis reporting and best practices in data dissemination and data use is required. Good knowledge of data management processes and tools, including web-based database systems is required. High level of competency in managing data information and evaluations on large scale health or HIV/AIDS activities is required.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates should send:
The Provincial Health Director Mailing Address: P.O. BOX 510023, Hospital Road, Chipata attaching the following credentials:
- A formal application letter or cover letter;
- A current CV;
- Photocopies of all professional certificates and degrees; and
- Contact information for at least three professional references.