mothers2mothers (m2m) is an African Primary Health Care organisation that employs women living with HIV as community health workers across 10 African nations. These “Mentor Mothers” deliver integrated health services at clinics and in communities to ensure everyone, everywhere has access to the services they need to be healthy and stay in care. Over the next five years, this proven, peer-led model is being scaled up to double down on ending HIV, as well as to tackle new health challenges and reach more people—all with the aim of building a fairer, healthier future. The employment of local women as community health workers means that we are delivering a model that prioritises healthcare for families who need it most, delivered by women who know them best.
Since its creation in 2001, m2m has created jobs for nearly 12,000 women living with HIV in sub-Saharan Africa and, together, they have reached over 15M people with critical health services and education. In 2021, m2m reached over 1.6M people across 10 African nations, including 402,616 adolescents (ages 10-19)—51% more than the year before. m2m also advanced the Global Goals of ending HIV/AIDS by 2030—by achieving virtual elimination of mother-to-child transmission of HIV among its enrolled clients for the eighth consecutive year, and meeting all of the ambitious UNAIDS Fast-Track Targets among its clients four years ahead of the 2026 target date. For more information, visit www.m2m.org.
Finance and Operations Manager
The Finance and Operations Manager is responsible for financial compliance, monitoring and reporting for the m2m subcontract in line with USAID and m2m policies and procedures. The Finance and Operations Manager reports directly to the Project Director and provides direct technical and financial support to Zambia. The position is contingent on funding
Key Performance Areas:
- Maintaining strong finance function in Zambia
- Provide financial and accounting management and direction to the Country Office operations
- Ensure the Financial Integrity of the Operation is maintained.
- Provide Financial Management services to the Country Office operations through maintaining and managing budgets and financial reporting function
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree/ Diploma in Accountancy and Business (ACCA) , business, or similar fiel
- 3-5 years’ experience in similar roles
- Knowledge of institutional donor requirements; USAID,UNICEF, CDC, EC, DfID, UN partner agencies, SIDA, etc would be an added advantage
mothers2mothers is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly encourage applications from people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA), people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged people. Competitive salary packages will be negotiable in accordance with m2m’s remuneration policies.
Interested applicants should apply for this position via this link by 17 November 2023