mPharma Zambia Ltd
At mPharma, our vision is an Africa that’s in good health. We will not cease until every person on the continent has access to safe and affordable healthcare and medicines. We’re a growing team of 600+ employees, headquartered in Accra, Ghana, and backed by mission-driven investors. We use technology to enable basic primary healthcare to Africans and have joined hands with drug manufacturers and healthcare providers to develop services and products that help provide access to basic healthcare and lower the costs of medicines. In only a few years, we’ve succeeded in providing low-cost, high-quality healthcare and medicines to hundreds of thousands of patients across 9 African countries (Ethiopia, Gabon, Togo, Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya, Rwanda, Uganda, and Zambia).
At mPharma we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities, and our hiring process and work environment are devoid of discriminatory practices. We promise exciting and rewarding career opportunities in an environment driven by high performance, an entrepreneurial mindset, and innovation.
mPharma (Kumera) seeks a dynamic and detail-oriented Inventory Control Intern to join our retail pharmacy chain’s Operations team. As an Inventory Control Intern, you will play a crucial role in maintaining accurate inventory levels, ensuring product availability, and supporting the overall efficiency of our supply chain. This internship provides a valuable opportunity to gain hands-on experience in inventory management within the retail pharmacy sector.
The role-specific tasks will consist of the following 5 major areas.
- Responsible for monthly stock counts and generation of variance reports.
- Ensure that the respective branch staff signs the stock variance report within 48 hours after the stock count.
- Generate and provide daily reports on inventor Operations, stock position, and stock adjustments across assigned facilities.
- Generate reports and provide insights on stock movement, slow-moving items, and potential stockouts.
- Assist in maintaining accurate inventory records through regular audits and cycle counts.
- Monitor stock levels and collaborate with the procurement team to replenish inventory as needed.
- Analyze and report on stock discrepancies and implement corrective actions.
- Creates, edits, and manages the Verified Drug List and Streamlined Formulary.
- Update and maintain inventory management systems.
- Assist in the implementation of new inventory control processes and technologies.
- Act as the liaison between tech and the operations team.
- Utilize inventory management software to analyze data and generate reports on stock levels, turnover rates, and order fulfillment performance.
- Provide insights and recommendations for optimizing inventory processes.
- Work closely with the procurement team to coordinate product deliveries and manage vendor relationships.
- Collaborate with store managers to address inventory-related issues and optimize product placement in stores.
- Work closely with the finance team to ensure accurate accounting of inventory.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement in inventory control and suggest innovative solutions.
- Assist in the implementation of new inventory management tools and technologies.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Adept at working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Possesses strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrates excellent attention to detail and organizational abilities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other relevant software.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Has the ability to work independently and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- A recent degree graduate in Accounting, Finance, Supply Chain, Logistics, or a related field.
- Fluent in the English Language.
- Must have the legal right to live and work in Zambia.
Note: This is a one-year contract internship program renewable based on organizational needs.
To apply follow the link here.
To apply for this job please visit mpharma.bamboohr.com.