The key responsibilities for this role include but not limited to the following:
- Establishes appropriate Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) framework including risk policies, metrics, reporting and monitoring;
- Ensures alignment of Risk Management with Corporate Strategy and facilitate the execution of the ERM Framework including facilitating continuous improvement of organization’s capabilities for management of its top priority risks;
- Supports Senior Management and the Board Audit and Risk Committee (ARC) in ensuring that risks are mitigated to the desired level;
- Ensures that the Risk Management Framework Provides assurance that communication plan for ERM Framework are both coherent and capably executed;
- Represents the main change agent for the implementation and continuous improvement of the ERM system;
- Works closely with the Risk Champions (First Line of Defence) across all business units within the Company providing coaching and training where required and promoting a positive risk culture across the Company;
- Facilitates and participates in risk and control assessments across all business functions within the company, recommending control improvements and risk mitigation activity;
- Identifies, assesses, mitigates, reports and monitors risk and control in relation to the Principal Risks; including appropriate oversight and challenge of the businesses risk profile;
- Monitors Non-Financial Risk Key Risk Indicator reporting, ensuring that data is scrutinized and escalated appropriately;
- Escalates incidents reported through the Incident Portal, ensuring root causes are identified and actions undertaken to improve the risk and control environment;
- Provides insightful and accurate inputs to risk and control reporting for MTN Group Fintech;
- Creation and maintenance of Risk Policies, Standards and Guidance Directives.
- Grade 12 certificate with 5 credits or better of which English and Mathematics are a must;
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification in Internal Audit, Risk Management, Compliance Management, Economics or Law;
- Master’s degree is desirable;
- 3+ years of experience in Risk Management;
- Enterprise Risk Management Certified Professional (ERMCP) or equivalent;
- Thorough understanding of ISO 31000 and COSO Framework;
- Experience working in regulated entity or financial services sector.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply
Hand delivered or posted applications will not be accepted.
Note: that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.