The key responsibilities and accountabilities include but not limited to the following:
- Provides leadership with visibility, decision support and control required to implement all strategic plans and to provide effective governance in the Northern Region of Zambia;
- Leads the development of annual business plan including departmental goals, strategies and objectives and project plans based on rigorous environmental and competitor analysis and MTN group imperatives, in collaboration with the MTN Zambia Executive Team;
- Operationalizes Group and MTN Zambia’s Strategy for the Northern region, taking regional dynamics into consideration;
- Oversees the management of Sales operations, driving sales and revenues through product availability, market and strategy-led pricing and channel strategies, depth and breadth of distribution channels and effective trade marketing and logistical operations;
- Oversees the management of service Centre operations ensuring customer centric, cost-effective service to increase the overall sales performance of MTN Zambia;
- Supports marketing with development of go to marketing plans;
- Oversees the management of financial operations in the commercial division including financial planning and analysis, warehousing and stock management, and debt Management;
- Effective management of the development of direct reports, effectively linking performance management, learning and development, talent management and the MTN Zambia Employee Value Proposition to achieve optimum performance;
- Builds and maintain relationships with Executives in our partner and client base as well as other stakeholders in the Northern region;
- Stays abreast with developments in areas of expertise and performs to the highest ethical and professional standards; and
- Over sees security and maintenance of all MTN Zambia assets and infrastructure in the Northern region.
- Grade 12 certificate with 5 credits or better of which English and Mathematics are a must.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Studies preferably Marketing, Business Administration, Sales Management, Commerce, or any related programme.
- Master’s degree in a relevant programme will be a definite advantage.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience working in a busy sales environment preferably Telecommunications.
- Paid up member of a relevant professional body with a valid practicing license.Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Hand delivered applications will not be accepted.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.