- Analyzes business requests to determine the best approach to creating successful resolution delivery solutions/projects effectively and efficiently
- Perform business and functional analysis activities (e.g. documenting functional requirements) for projects as required
- Provides delivery, technical and management oversight for all activities within their area of responsibility or domain, working with staff to resolve and overcome delivery/technical issues and impediments as needed.
- Oversees a project portfolio that addresses business and technical needs, achieving ‘On Time’ and ‘On Budget’ targets and customer scope and quality targets.
- Ensures projects are properly sequenced based on business priority, dependencies, and team capacity; assigns resources to projects and other work assignments; manages demand versus capacity gaps and resource contention issues.
- Coordinate release readiness and deployment activities
- Ensures that standards and best practices are published, maintained, and enforced.
- Reviews and approves all applicable project documents and deliverables.
- Ensures that all customer expectations have been met through delivery of services or projects
- Manages and sets stakeholder expectations
- Manages respective disciplines throughout the life cycle; identifies areas of opportunity for improvements, simplification, and rationalization; ensures applications are maintained and serviced
- Participates in the creation and maintenance of application/product roadmaps in assigned domain.
- Monitors solution delivery performance metrics, measures, and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) to ensure quality and operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Monitors performance domain Service Level Agreement’s (SLAs), and inputs into / participates in service reviews with business.
- Conducts performance appraisals of staff and provides career guidance though regular coaching.
- Secures appropriate resources for projects, engaging with the business, and facilitating service delivery
- Shapes thinking on how technology solutions support the goals of the business
- Articulates IT services and ensures services meet client needs and value expectations, while educating the rest of the IT team on client needs
- Aligns IT services with current and future needs of the business and its customers while improving quality of services delivered
- Analyzing business problems and key issues and developing strategic business analytic implementation plans (‘road map’).
- Provides a single point of contact and accountability
- Acts as the primary contact point for escalations within domain.
- Responsible for future proof architecture of business systems.
- BSc Degree in IT/Software Engineering or related discipline.
- ITIL Certification
- Certification in Project Management (PMP, CAPM, PRINCE2) and/or Business Analysis will be an added advantage
- 5+ years IT experience with a variety of technologies supporting the full software development life cycle, including analysis, design, development, installation, support and modification. Experience leading and managing development initiatives with a strong sense of software development methodology such as Agile, waterfall, etc.
- Advanced analytical, problem solving, and conceptual skills along with strong related technical skills, and a track record of successfully working as part of a team that organizes, plans, and executes large-scale projects from concept to implementation.
- A strong knowledge and background of the QA/Testing domain.
- Effective communication skills to interact with all levels of technology and business partners
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Analytical and methodical approach to problem solving; Self-driven and able to work independently
- Experience in the Mobile telecommunications sector will be an advantage.
Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement.