The key responsibilities for this role include but not limited to the following:
- Undertakes market research and contributes to the development of the Marketing business plan based on rigorous environmental and competitor analysis;
- Translates departmental plan into annual Brand & Communications Unit business plan and budget incorporating specific strategies and broad plans for the achievement of business objectives;
- Identifies and manages the delivery of tools of trade and any other logistical requirements to meet operational effectiveness and business objectives and manages the implementation of annual business plan to ensure the achievement of set objectives;
- Develops Brand strategy and architecture aligned to Group policy and MTNZ business intent, to position MTN as the favorite brand in Zambia;
- Disseminates Brand and Communication policy, processes and procedures within MTNZ to help foster consistency of communications efforts to enhance the brand image and corporate reputation of the MTN Zambia internally and externally;
- Leads the development of segments strategy and customer value proposition for the various segments, in line with MTN group policy and global best practice to drive market penetration and profitability;
- Analyses the performance of business segments, trends and competitors brand actions and positions and takes appropriate action to align delivery to ensure on-going market leadership in line with Group and MTNZ business strategy;
- Designs and manages the execution of the Advertising, marketing and promotions (AMP) strategy with the focus on enhancing MTN’s visibility;
- Oversees Public Relations and Communications activities to ensure the promotion of goodwill for the company through internal and external public relations, communications and corporate social responsibility programs aligned to brand and value propositions.
- Grade 12 certificate with 5 credit or better of which English and Mathematics are a must;
- Degree in Marketing or other Business Related field;
- At least 7 years’ experience of marketing with 3 years’ experience in a management position, in dynamic and fast-moving industries.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply
Hand delivered or posted applications will not be accepted.
Note: that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.