- To drive the maturity of Service Delivery and Support processes in MTNZ to industry best practice.
- To provide leadership, and technical direction over Governance, Compliance, IT Validation and IT Controls.
- This role must be able to efficiently identify, document, report and drive resolution of IT Security risks.
- Manage incident escalation and determine innovative ways to drive dependencies that lie with other units or 3rd party service providers
- Improve efficiencies in the structure and organization of the Service desk that should result in high
amount of calls being resolved by the service desk team
- Tighter control on the change and release process to improve the accuracy and traceability of the
CMDB and improve the stability of IS services
- Drive an aggressive problem management strategy by ensuring improved vendor response times and proactively identifying and resolving problems and known errors.
- Optimization of Service management operational efficiency by refocusing processes and responsibilities between roles internal and external to the department.
- Drive a business focused strategy that enables IS to partner better with the business.
- Identify and own a portfolio of critical IS services with the responsibility of driving initiatives that ensure such services are delivered to the business at agreed Service levels.
- Identify and implement tools that automate and streamline processes to guarantee consistent delivery and performance and ensuring the most efficient use of deployed automated tools.
- Drive implementation of Group Information Security policies, guidelines, standards development and ongoing management
- Lead the development of IT Controls standards and procedures to ensure efficiencies are gained.
- Leverage technologies to efficiently gather and store IT Control evidence.
- Support IT Control standards/frameworks
- Identify and manage the risks associated with transition of new services and products into production.
- Develop and manage IT audits and spot-checks to prepare IT departments for internal and external audits
- Negotiating Service Level Agreements with internal business divisions and coordinating the execution of the agreed SLA.
- Ensure maximum uptime of all IS Services through proactive problem management and quick service restoration via the major incident management process.
- Management of divisional Vendor Performance Management framework that ensures that IS Vendor SLAs underpins IS commitment to the business and non-performing vendors are reported and managed.
- Ensure retention and dissemination of MTNZ organizational learning or intellectual property by gathering, analyzing, storing and sharing knowledge and information using a variety of processes and technologies.
- Create visibility of IS value contribution through Service performance reporting on a periodic basis
- Drive a holistic request fulfilment process that includes all user generated requests for IS Devices, facilities, office moves, supplies and the traditional break and fix calls for service restoration.
- Audit and review of the existing ITIL implementation and updating processes and roles that address identified gaps.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in IT/Software Engineering or related discipline
- First degree in any discipline preferably Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- CCGEIT, CISA, CISSP, ITILv3 Expert, PMP or PRINCE2
- Master’s Degree in a relevant discipline will be an added advantage.
- 8 years’ experience of which 3 years or more in a service management role in a complex IT environment, 2+ years of performance testing and capacity planning work experience in a technical disciplines and 3-4 years’ experience at management/ supervisory level.
- Excellent project management skills backed up by PMP or PRINCE2 Training
- Very sound knowledge and experience in Information Security Management
- A good understanding of operational management principles
- Ability to understand how the IT technology supports the business
- Good understanding and technical expertise in a broad range application and technical architecture components (applications/OS, database, network)
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement.