The key responsibilities for this role include but not limited to the following:
- Develops and implements annual MTN Zambia sponsorship plan aligned to the departmental business plan and MTN Group brand architecture and guidelines ;
- Manages the execution of the annual sponsorship plan, effectively liaising with other units within the department with a clear roadmap that enables them to integrate the strategy into sponsorship activities;
- Analyses competitor actions and positioning regarding sponsorships and steers sponsorship program to retain high ground;
- Identifies, evaluates, and assesses new sponsorship opportunities and prepares business case for approval by the supervisor;
- Manages relationships with partner agencies, bodies, suppliers, stakeholders, and rights owners;
- Provides regional sponsorship support to various functions, primary sales and distribution as required;
- Monitors sponsorship expenditure to maintain budgetary control;
- Drives best practice, continuous improvement, and innovation for sponsorship activities at process and procedure level;
- Prepare and present to the Senior Manager Brand and Communication weekly, monthly, quarterly reports in agreed formats and a timely basis;
- Stays abreast of developments in areas of expertise and performs to the highest ethical and professional standards;
- Carries out any related duties that will enhance the mission of the job.
- Grade 12 certificate with 5 credit or better of which English and Mathematics are a must;
- Marketing or other Business Degree/Diploma;
- At least 2 years’ experience of marketing with experience in a sponsorship position, in dynamic and fast-moving goods/services industry;
- Experience in telecommunication is advantageous.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply
Hand delivered or posted applications will not be accepted.
Note: that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.