We at MTN Zambia are a purpose and value-led organization.
At MTN Zambia we believe that understanding our people’s needs and aspirations is key to creating experiences that delight you at work, every day. We are committed to fostering an environment where every member of our Y’ello Family is heard, understood, and empowered to live an inspired life.
Our values keep us grounded and moving in the right direction. Most importantly, they keep us honest. It is not something we claim to be. It is in our DNA.
As an organisation, we consider it our mission to create an exciting and rewarding place to work, where our people can be themselves, thrive in positivity and ignite their full potential. A workplace that boosts creativity and innovation, improves productivity, and ultimately drives meaningful results. A workplace that is built on relationships and achieving a purpose that is bigger than us. This is what we want you to experience with us!
Our commitments go beyond an organisational promise. It is in our leadership and managerial ethos to meaningfully partner with our employees, customers and stakeholders with a vision to realise our shared goals.
We are delighted that you are considering us as your career partner to make a mark in the world. We look forward to your application!
Job Title: BIG DATA ANAYLST
- Identifies new reporting trends on the world market and implementation of these as well as any New requests from the business as well as regulators;
- Prepares network performance reports for MTN group and MTN Zambia EXCO;
- Ensures compliance of internal SLA between the Reporting section and business departments;
- Ensures adherence to SLAs to ensure there is no Downtime on the systems;
- Evaluates; installs; configure and deploys new applications; systems software; products and / or enhancements to existing applications within scope;
- Ensures that applications meet business requirements and systems goals; fulfil end user requirements and identify and resolve system issues;
- Collaborates with analysts; designers and system owners in the testing of new software programs and applications;
- Provides data quality support and checks on all reporting Data loaded into EVA;
- Provides quality checks on all reports outputted from EVA;
- Provides support to business on all data request to be extracted from EVA;
- Provides support on all report automations on EVA.
- Grade 12 certificate with 5 credits or better of which English and Mathematics are a must;
- A Degree in IT/Software Engineering;
- SQL knowledge is a must;
- 2 years IT experience (Reporting and Big Data would be an advantage);
- Experience in Telecommunication added advantage;
- Knowledge of Shel scripting, basic Unix administration, vendor coordination and Data Mining techniques.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Candidates are mandated to answer the below on their cover page to the hiring Manager.
Values are the core of MTN Zambia’s culture. Our five values called ‘Live Y’ello’ is the force that unites and inspires each one of us to make an impact that matters in the world. So, tell us: Which one of our five Live Y’ello Values resonates most with you and why? (limit 250 words)
- Lead with Care
- Can-do with Integrity
- Collaborate with Agility
- Serve with Respect
- Act with Inclusion
Hand delivered applications will not be accepted.
Note: that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.