Core purpose of the Job
To provide a functionally safe work environment by supporting the efficient and effective provision of services in relation to maintenance and repair of both hard & soft facilities, enforce all policies and procedures including OHSE policies; coordination of security for staff, buildings, grounds, and sites to meet the needs of MTNZ.
- Develops and implements systems for maintenance of buildings and facilities to ensure that properties are well kept, compliant to ISO standards and clean, and facilities operational;
- Develops and implements routine inspection schedules for maintenance and repair operations for all hard and soft facilities, security infrastructure;
- Develops and continuously reviews physical security processes and procedures including access control to ensure security of property, staff, customers, and visitors within MTNZ locations;
- Prepares inputs for the annual budget and supply plan for Facilities and Security and manages approved budget prudently to ensure cost-effectiveness of facilities and security operations;
- Ensures that all areas of the buildings, fixtures and grounds are in good order, paying particular attention to the ‘public face’ of the buildings i.e., keep a clean and tidy state; Adherence to agreed levels of cleanliness and fulfilling cleaning tasks as and when needed within and immediate surroundings of MTNZ properties;
- Measures and manages MTN’s energy consumption and waste disposal at MTN offices/sites to ensure sustainable use, compliance with various Local Government, regulator and other relevant regulations and laws;
- Supports plans and reviews of space use within MTNZ facilities to meet business requirements, in close liaison with all stakeholders and in consultation with all relevant specialists;
- Monitors and manages the best allocation and use of parking space within MTN locations;
- Manages health and safety within MTNZ, ensuring adequate processes, procedures and practices for fire safety, disease control, and physical security including awareness and compliance;
- Administration of effective access control in both systems and physical terms to MTN Sites;
- Conducts Facilities Management Audits in conjunction with the relevant specialists on a quarterly basis and when required to assess and manage risks and propose risk mitigation controls to be implemented;
- Supervises construction, oversees any renovations and civil works undertaken internally and or by all third-party providers on MTN Z sites and other facilities leased or owned;
- Enforces adherence safe working conditions for anyone undertaking any works on MTNZ sites including lockout procedures; request for permit to work at heights; hard hats and air filtering equipment in addition to general PPE;
- Responds appropriately and with initiative to report problems/concerns associated with the hard and soft elements of managed facilities;
- Maintains an up-to-date knowledge of the buildings and all that is happening within it as input to for maintenance scheduling, planning and periodic auditing;
- Sets up and reviews access control measures and program access cards; restricts entry for nonauthorized personnel to MTNZ facilities;
- Plans and directs installation surveillance cameras-control i.e., access, alarms;
- Periodic conduct for efficacy of security drills; emergency evacuation procedures; fire hazard drill; emergency lock out procedures and any listed under the OHSE;
- Reports all cases of security breaches to management & police;
- Prepares, keeps record and reports of all incidences, accidents; near misses and occurrences affecting MTNZ hard & soft facilities, assets; third party providers on MTNZ sites;
- Creates and maintains an awareness of all Health & Safety issues especially when work is taking place around the buildings and members of the public are present, ensuring that written policies for all health and safety related matters are adhered to i.e., installation of signage and demarcations;
- Enforces effective Health and Safety Policy for all areas of the buildings, grounds, and site;
- Develops and build relationships with all stakeholders;
- Responds to urgent demands of a varying nature including emergency situations such as, Fire emergency situations, lift evacuations, and security of the buildings;
- Negotiates service contracts for third party providers and minor works contracts;
- Prepares and presents sectional weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports in agreed formats and on a timely basis including costs tracking; utilities and consumables monitored.
- Grade 12 Certificate (5 O’ Level credits, including compulsorily English Language and Mathematics);
- Degree in Business Administration, Building or Civil Engineering, or related field;
- Project Management qualification will be an added advantage;
- Minimum of three to five (3 – 5) years’ experience in a fast-paced office environment within a similar environment for both Hard & Soft Facility Management;
- Advanced knowledge of electrical systems, water reticulation; maintenance and repair operations; creative and innovative;
- Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental frameworks;
- Knowledge of preparation and application of RFx and SOW.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Hand delivered or posted applications will not be accepted.
Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.