The Head BI & CVM will provide base management strategy and operational execution. Define, manage and deliver the customer life cycle programs and activities to maximise the customer lifetime value – in terms of revenue as well as profit margin. Primary responsibility for; (a) churn, customer inactivity and retention; (b) product penetration and; (c) base management direct marketing results and d.) Incremental revenue for MTN MoMo.
The key responsibilities for this role include but not limited to the following:
- Collects, and ensures timely delivery of accurate data to meet the organizational needs;
- Develops and monitors metrics to measure business key performance indicators, trends and analysis;
- Performs Competitor Analysis and delivers market intelligence – Economic and Industry insights;
- Evaluates commercial propositions through modeling & research, e.g., predictive models, telecom surveys etc;
- Delivers accurate, insightful and timely analysis to guide Executive Management decisions, e.g., – in the areas of marketing campaigns, business models, churn management and revenue enhancement initiatives;
- Delivers Geo-Marketing and Geographical Information Systems (GIS) Management; – micro-market prioritization and network resource management support;
- Coordinates tactical moves and BI special projects and advance Analytics implementation and management;
- Develops and executes a base management strategy (including a retention strategy) to maximise customer lifetime value and customer base revenue contribution to the overall services revenue of the company;
- Links CVM revenue contributions and costs/overheads to the overall budget of the larger business unit and the overall organisation;
- Leads a business transformation to embed CVM decision-making principles and culture across the organization;
- Cross-sell and Up-Sell campaigns e.g. voice-, SMS- and data-upsell, SMS and data-cross-sell., etc;
- Retention & Churn management e.g. outflow value management, early churn detection, involuntary churn;
- Base management e.g. inactivity management, top-up volume and value management, revenue stimulation;
- Customer value management e.g. tariff migration management, revenue boosters;
- Sets up and acts upon robust base management dashboards and reporting;
- Defines overall churn management strategy and operationally drive pro-active and reactive retention activities along the customer lifecycle;
- Plans and manages retention investment, saves tools, saves tariffs. Input into involuntary churn strategy and initiatives;
- Manages customer value segments discretely and partnerships including the partnership with external vendors/partners where applicable;
- Defines and executes base development programs and revenue booster initiatives to achieve growth in customer base ARPU through targeted and segmented offers, campaigns, and pricing; specifically, data up-sell initiatives, tariff migration initiatives;
- Delivers volume and value forecasting, retention volume and spend, x-sell and up-sell revenue to finance budgets;
- Provides input into proposition development process through engagement with product owners. Advise of base management implications during discussions regarding prioritisation between specific marketing and commercial initiatives;
- Works with Segment Marketing teams to reduce churn and displacement/down trading across the high value customer base, improve value inflow, and overall optimize portfolio-wide CLV;
- Manages delivery of insight for the customer base to the rest of the business, including actionable value- and needs-based segmentation and predictive models, linked with competitor intelligence, and market research;
- Manages all direct marketing campaign execution and improves ROI through strong campaign management tools – operations, campaign planning, detailed design, production, test, roll-out, commercial return and evaluation;
- Analyses commercial impact of BTL programs on product penetration, ARPU and volume/ value churn. Operational analysis of base to identify opportunities to apply products and tariffs to maximize lifetime value;
- Performs channel mix optimisation for base development & retention activities. Drive/ optimise channel execution by setting volume and value targets based on the approved B & R budgets;
- Leads CVM capability development/ define the CVM capability strategy based on commercial improvement programs;
- Integrates output through campaign management, charging and provisioning platforms, by translating CVM objectives to IT / Technical teams;
- Creates and manages a high-performing, commercially focused CVM team.
- Grade 12 certificate with 5 credit or better of which English and Mathematics are a must;
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Business, Analytics, or related field and formal training in Analytics, Research Methods and GIS (3-5 years);
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience of which minimum 2 years senior commercial management and sector, industry, or area of specialisation in Telecom, Banking or Fintech;
- Experience in global /multinational business environment in an added advantage;
- Experience in leading change / transformation (marketing) at an operational level advantageous;
- Experience in continuous improvement through the implementation of best practices;
- Experience & Track record in customer value creation and campaign management.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Hand delivered or posted applications will not be accepted
Note: that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.