Mulonga Water Supply & Sanitation Company Limited
MULONGA WATER SUPPLY & SANITATION COMPANY LTD
Mulonga Water Supply and Sanitation Company Ltd is a dynamic and vibrant Company providing water and sanitation services in the Municipalities of Chingola, Mufulira and Chililabombwe. At Mulonga, all employees play a crucial role in moving the company “towards purified excellence”. Thus Mulonga acknowledges the importance of having a team that will actualize its objectives and ultimately transform Mulonga into “the most admired utility in Africa”. To ensure this is achieved, Mulonga commits to attract and retain the best employees through a systematic talent management process.
Applications are now invited from suitably qualified candidates to join the team in the positions listed below;
1. INTERNAL AUDITOR.
Purpose of the Job
Reporting to Head Internal Audit, the job holder will offer reasonable assurance to Management and the Board on the effectiveness and reliability of controls, risk Management and Sound Corporate Governance, through audits of various Departments on conformity to approved procedures hence attainment of the Mulonga Water Supply and Sanitation Company business objectives.
Statements of Main Accountabilities
- Assists the superior to formulate and review audit plans, develop the Audit policy, procedures and practices.
- Carries out audit assignments as assigned in accordance with authorized audit programs and within budget times.
- Evaluates the Company’s system of internal controls, assessing its adequacy and effectiveness, and ascertains the control environment in which the systems of internal controls operate.
- Examines records maintained by various departments/sections to establish whether proper recording of transactions and compliance with established systems and procedures are adhered to.
- Undertaking audits, investigations and consultancy and other value adding activities.
- Prepares audit reports on behalf of the Head-Internal Audit
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Degree in Accounting/ Business Related Field, ACCA, CIMA, ZICA
- Must be a Registered member of ZICA
- At least 3 years work experience in a comparable organisation
- Appropriate knowledge and experience in audit practices, procedures and working arrangements.
- Possess independence of thought and determination to sustain and defend own recommendations.
- Good oral and written communication.
- Ability to make professional and technical decisions on quality of evidence, significance of results, strategy for presenting recommendations and reports and expressing an opinion on internal control systems.
- Ability to undertake audit assignments of a distinctively complex nature requiring a relatively high degree of judgement based on experience and applied knowledge.
- Ability to solve problems of quality control and team management.
2. MANAGEMENT SECRETARY (6 MONTHS CONTRACT)
Purpose of the Job
To provide secretarial and administrative support to the superior in order to ensure efficient and effective operation of the Director’s office
Statements of Main Accountabilities
- Types all correspondence/documents in order to ensure that all correspondence and other documents are efficiently typed and submits for quick action.
- Maintains all correspondences/documents accurately and keeps a record of the Superior‘s appointments.
- Receives telephone calls and takes down messages appropriately.
- Ensures that all confidential and other documents from both internal and external sources are well secured.
- Ensure that visitors/clients are attended to and that their queries are appropriately attended to.
- Maintains all office use materials/Teas and Stationery for the Director‘s office and other staff members by making sure the Offices have all the stationery required at the right time and give support staff services to basic administration work in the Department.
- Ensures that every instruction given by the immediate supervisor to other staff members is coordinated appropriately at all times.
- Ensures that stock levels of stationery are maintained for the smooth operations of the office.
- Operates standard office equipment: computer, fax machine, photocopier, scanner, binder, laminator and shredder.
- Processes travel documents, makes flight bookings and draws necessary allowances for superior
- Prepares and maintains accurate talk time schedules for superior and ensures that same is timely distributed.
- Reconciles and ensure availability of petty cash
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Grade 12 Certificate with Five (5) O Levels
- Diploma in Secretarial Services and or Diploma in Management Studies
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a similar role in a comparable organization
- Ability to conceptualize ideas and communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to develop new ideas.
If you have the necessary competences/qualifications we are looking for, please submit your application together with a comprehensive C.V. as one document including your contact telephone number and certified copies of your certificates and names of three referees to [email protected] not later than Tuesday, 26th September 2023.
Please use your name & position being applied for in the Subject.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be communicated to. Female candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Director Human Resources and Administration
Mulonga Water Supply and Sanitation Company Limited
Musonko House, Kabundi Road
P O Box 11712
“Mulonga – “Towards Purified Excellence”