MUMBWA CHILD DEVELOPMENT AGENCY
Mumbwa Child Development Agency (MCDA) is a duly registered Non- Governmental Organization operating in Mumbwa and Shibuyunji districts within Central province of Zambia. MCDA has been in operation as ChildFund Zambia agency since 2005. The organization seek to provide support to the deprived, excluded and vulnerable children, youth and women with focus on: health; education; child protection; livelihood; advocacy and gender. It is in this vain that the agency is seeking suitable qualified and experienced person to implement the Zambia Responsive Parenting Responsive Caregiving & SBVP Project funded by BMZ Germany through ChildFund Zambia in the four districts.
1. PROJECT ACCOUNTANT POSITION x 1
Title: Project Accountant
Duty Station: Mumbwa district
Reporting Relationship: Project Manager
The Accountant will oversee the financial operations of the project and ensure timely and accurate financial reports and practices including project cash management, payroll, financial disbursements, ledgers etc. the person will also be responsible for entering financial information and maintaining all financial records for the project.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY RESULT AREAS
- Ensure the highest degree of integrity in the accounting records.
- Verify all purchases with appropriate account codes and ensure daily data entry.
- Ensure timely payment of project expenses as per approved budget
- Preparation of timely financial reports on monthly/quarterly and annual basis
- Submit funds request timely to meet cash flow requirements
- Monitor cashbook balances and, prepare and submit cash forecasts.
- Produce special analysis as requested in a timely and accurate manner. These might include cost analysis, budget comparison or any other analysis requested by the Manager, or donor.
- Ensure availability and strict adherence with the provisions in all policies e.g. budgets, Procurement policy, financial policy, etc.
- Ensure proper management of the financial filing system.
- Provide financial advice to the project team for identified capacity building needs.
- Timely Processing and recording of payments
- Ensure control procedures are effected over all incomes and grants received and expenses incurred.
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and other forecasts, monitoring expenditures and variance reporting;
- Managing petty cash and ensuring the petty cash floats (advance) policy is adhered to at all time.
- Preparation of bank and cash reconciliations statements on monthly basis
- Maintenance of up-to date financial records and vouchers. These records are both manual and electronic back-up.
- Attend to the work of both internal and external auditors;
- Provide management with information to assist in cost and budgetary control;
- Oversee the proper management of office files and offer finance and administration support to project staff.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
COMPETENCIES, CAPABILITIES AND ATTRIBUTES: (SKILLS/BEHAVIORAL, SPECIAL TRAINING OR COMPETENCE):
- Must have extensive knowledge of accounting applications.
- Hands on experience on all aspects of accounting
- Excellent hands on experience with accounting software and Dove payroll
- Prior experience with NGO or other grant funded organization is an added advantage
- Working knowledge of Excel, Microsoft word, power point and outlook
- Good interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Team player and able to work in a multicultural team
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- Must possess problem solving skills
- Knowledge and experience in grants reporting especially in USAID & BMZ funded projects is an added advantage.
- Grade twelve (12) Certificate
- Part qualified ZICA II, ACCA II or CIMA II or equivalent
- Must be a Registered member of ZICA
- Minimum three years’ work experience in NGO financial accounting and reporting
Working Relationships Internal: Interacts frequently with ChildFund Zambia Country Office Staff. Work closely with the various CCDA/MCDA field offices and Federation Staff.
External: Liaises with service providers and various government bodies.
Interested applicants are advised to email their CVs and application letters, Addressed to “The Chief Executive Officer, Mumbwa Child Development Agency, P.O. Box 830026 Mumbwa” or via email to: [email protected] and copied to [email protected] not later than 5th November, 2020.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.