NANGA FARMS LTD
Nanga Farms Ltd. Is a large, irrigated Sugarcane Estate situated near Mazabuka in the Southern Province of Zambia. The Company is part of the Illovo Sugar Africa Group, and its main activities are the cultivation of 2,860 hectares of Sugarcane and the rearing of 1,400 head of Cattle. The Company now invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of: –
POSITION: FIELD CAPITAO (1 POSITION, FIXED TERM) – SUGARCANE DEPARTMENT
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the position of Capitao. The position reports to the Farm Manager and operates within the Farm area.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supervisory works, weekly task planning.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Responsible for daily labor supervision.
- Records the attendance of employees in the register.
- Ensures discipline in the section.
- Ensure that SHERQ standards are implemented within the section.
- Executes weekly planned activities.
- Maintaining elevated labour productivity by assigning tasks based on secure work procedures.
- Any other work as assigned from time to time by the farm manager.
- Grade Twelve (12) school certificate with at least 5 credits in Mathematics, Science, English, and any other subjects.
- Diploma in General Agriculture
- Minimum of one (1) year work experience in a related field is an added advantage.
- Must be a Zambian Citizen with a Green National Registration Card.
- Should be 18 years and above.
Should you be interested in applying for this role, please submit you’re detailed CV, copies of relevant qualifications, registrations, and ID/Passport for the attention of HR Officer: Nanga email: [email protected] clearly stating the position applied for in the subject line.
Closing date for applications: 9th February, 2024.
Applicants may be required to complete pre-employment checks (qualification, credit, security, background, and medical assessments) as part of the recruitment process where applicable.
Should you not hear from us within 4 weeks after closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.