Website NATIONAL HIV/AIDS/STI/TB COUNCIL
A Nation free from the threat of HIV & AIDS by 2030
Reporting to the Director, Policy and Planning the applicant will coordinate HIV and AIDS Monitoring and evaluation activities in Zambia and offer technical support to stakeholders in the HIV Response.
- Coordinate and supervise all activities related to research on HIV and AIDS.
- Facilitate trainings of sub-national staff in Epidemiology for Data Use in support of evidence-based programming for the National HIV Response.
- Develop and maintain a data base of all HIV and AIDS related research work done in Zambia.
- Work with the technical working group on research in order to come up with policies to improve research development.
- Showcase interrelationship between HIV/AIDS/STI/TB and other co-morbidities.
- Suggest possible areas and opportunities to create and or enhance synergies between HIV/AIDS/STI/TB with other focus by other government line ministries; and for focused value-for money policy formulation and programme implementation.
- Make use existing data to model/forecast possible scenarios and thus, suggest possible means to mitigate and or perpetuate ills/gains made, as case may be.
- Prepare concise reports, train/build capacity in data management use and mining.
- Coordinate transition of research findings into policies, strategies, and guidelines in order to enhance decentralized response.
- Ensures that appropriate and consistent advocacy is undertaken in relation to the research agenda.
- Analyze and triangulate various data and information sources for a concise, more complete picture of the HIV/AIDS/STI/TB situation in Zambia.
- In collaboration with stakeholders, organize HIV dissemination fora.
- Support the work of the Research Ethics, Traditional Remedies and Alternative Medicines Committee in pushing the agenda for research in Zambia.
- Support technical staff in Monitoring and Evaluation functions and coordinate.
- Ensure quality, consistence and adherence to standards and best practices for Monitoring and Evaluation including data quality, privacy and use.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Director Policy and Planning
- Full grade 12 certificate with at least 5 Credits at “O” Level including English and Mathematics.
- Bachelor of Arts in Public Health, Bio-statistics, Epidemiology or a relevant Social Science from a recognized university
- Knowledge of Monitoring and Evaluation is desirable
Required Experience and Skills
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation, research and research methodologies
- At least 5 years’ experience working in the HIV/AIDS field with increasing responsibilities
- At least 3 years’ experience doing research related work including disease surveillance
- Experience working with research institutions
- Knowledge of research ethics and human subjects review
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to use various statistical analysis packages including SPSS, SAS, STATA, Epi Info and ZamInfo to undertake advanced data analysis.
- Effective written communication skills
- Effective oral communication skills
- Information Technology skills including the ability to operate and manage computerised financial and payroll systems
Submission of Applications
Applications accompanied by Curriculum Vitae, Certified copies of National Registration Card, Academic and Professional qualifications should be addressed to:
The Director General
National HIV/AIDS/STI/TB Council
Plot 315, Independence Avenue
P. O. Box 38718
Applications may also be emailed in PDF single file format to: [email protected]. Closing date for receipt of applications is by close of business on Monday, 20th March, 2023