Website National Science and Technology Council
PURPOSE OF JOB:
To undertake a programme for Information Communication Technology (ICT) and management of documents and publications
KEY RESULT AREA
- Undertake the creation and maintenance of an Electronic and Physical Library in order to provide information to the S&T Sector in the country.
- Undertake effectively the creation and maintenance of an updated database of all activities being undertaken by the Programme Development and Implementation Department of Council.
- Undertake timely publication of Brochures, Newsletter, Flyer, Reports (Workshop Proceedings, Special Studies) and documentaries.
- Undertake timely collection and collation of Annual Reports, Journals, Sectoral Policies and handling.
- Undertake timely subscription to national and International science and technology journals.
- Developing concepts, graphics and layouts, including making decisions about fonts, images, readability and readers’ needs.
- Managing documents from typesetting through to graphic design, print and production.
- Determining size and arrangement of copy and illustrative material, as well as font style and size.
- Keeping up to date with design and software trends.
- Liaising with external printers or production teams to ensure deadlines are met and material is printed or presented to the highest quality.
- Production of digital content and motion graphics
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A Diploma in Graphic Design and Videography
- 2 years’ experience in documentation and design or related field
- Proven graphic designing experience
- A strong portfolio of illustrations or other graphics
- Familiarity with design software and technologies (such as CorelDraw, Publisher, Photoshop)
- Knowledge of IT is an added advantage
- Excellent Written and Oral communication skills
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines
- A high level of integrity
- Initiative and confidence,
- Good public relations