Netherlands Development Organization
Typical Reporting Lines
Country Operations Manager
Purpose of the Job
Ensure efficient and effective administrative support to SNV Zambia within timeframe, operational procedures, SNV house style and work instructions, in order to create optimal preconditions for efficient and effective execution of the Programme tasks.
Key Activities Results – further explained or exemplified
Provide adequate and effective administrative support to SNV Zambia • Filing documents for projects, operations and communiques
- Respond to written and verbal queries on behalf of Country Management Team (CMT)
- Provide support to the Procurement team in terms document processing and finalisation
Efficient office co-ordination
- Coordination of Cleaning and Maintenance through outsourced Office Assistants
- Preparing and tracking of administration procurement procedures. Raising of Procurement Requisition Forms, Payment Requests and Goods Received Reports.
- Prepare and maintain an inventory of supplies for the Country Office consumables
- Establish and maintain data base of contracts for stationery suppliers, lease agreements, employment permits, and kitchen/office supplies and accordingly flag in time for renewal/renegotiation.
- Stock management of stationery and other office consumables
- Provide support to visiting consultants and staff to ensure acceptable accommodation, transport, visa requirements, basic visitor information and all necessary logistics.
- Ensure good maintenance of office equipment such as fax and telephone lines, photocopier, fire extinguishers and consumables
- Provide secretarial work on request such as minute taking for the CMT, in-house workshops and seminars.
- Filing and archiving of project and operations documents centrally.
- Make travel and accommodation arrangements for entire country and visiting officials.
- Working with the procurement team and other projects to coordinate events and high levels meetings hosted by the respective projects and the country office.
Present a positive public relations • Present a positive public relation outlook
- Management of reception area (brochures, flowers, refreshments)
- Making incoming and outgoing calls
- Routing of calls from the front office
- Recording and Circulation of mail
- Receiving and directing visitors to appropriate staff
- Receiving and distributing in-coming faxes and e-mail
- Sending outgoing faxes and e-mail on behalf of sector teams
- Update and maintain documents on SNV Zambia online data base (Once it is in place)
Facility, security and utility Management
- Ensure maintenance of office, utilities and other properties, coordinate repairs and ensure arrangements for official functions and events.
Level indicators – further explained or exemplified
- Functional co-ordination with proven ability for high level secretarial skill; administrative and co-ordination competence; experience in bookkeeping
- Good communication and reporting skills
- Planning and co-ordination
- Computer skills, proficient in MS suite
- Dealing with confidentiality
- Fluency in English language
- Dealing with confidentiality
- Organising & Prioritizing: Organizes information and resources effectively. Prioritises tasks according to their urgency and/or importance.
- Interpersonal sensitivity: Demonstrates a considerate and thoughtful approach and is receptive to an individual’s feelings
- Motivating, planning, co-ordinating, leading and controlling
- Teamwork: Takes a cooperative approach within the team, sharing knowledge and information. Seeks to promote harmony within the team and contribute to team processes.
- Well managed country administration unit to meet objective
SNV requirements – further explained or exemplified
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Diploma in Office Management or related field
- Additional requirements
- At least 3 years office co-ordination experience
Applicants should send their CV’s to [email protected] by 15th August, 2018. Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.