Position: L3 Support Engineer
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Probationary Period: 3 Months
Submissions: [email protected]
Reporting Manager: Assistant Manager – Technical Services.
NetOne is a leading technology services Group based in Lusaka, Zambia. Since its inception is 2007 the group has grown to be Zambia’s leading technology service provider offering a range of solutions including client computing and enterprise business solutions with long standing relationships with leading OEM manufacturers across the ICT sector. NetOne owns and operates Zambia’s first Tier III carrier neutral data offering colocation services, infrastructure as a service and software as service. NetOne also owns and operates the Swish Pay platform enabling digital payments from consumer to merchant through its integrations with Visa, MasterCard and Mobile Money platforms. The group continues to innovate in launching new products to the Zambian market and is therefore looking to grow our team!
If you are an individual that believes in career progression, innovative, fearless and want to be on the winning team, we are the team for you!
The position of Senior Support Engineer is a role within the NetOne Group assuming responsibilities in NetOne Information Technology Ltd. The position requires an individual who is a good communicator and is a team-player able to build on team skill-set.
- Support and handle all escalations from NOC department with regards to all services offered by NData
- Support NetOne IT customers’ infrastructure as per scope of contract.
- Ensure that ALL support and maintenance calls for the systems are logged and processed
- Responsible for ensuring that safety measures are taken and available equipment is used in all situations where required.
- Carry out preventative maintenance of NData’s core Infrastructure as instructed by the Head – Technical Services
- Configure and deploy VMs on the vMware platform for both internal and external customers
- Configure and troubleshoot customer storage applications such as OSSV and Syncrify.
- Monitor and configure exchange server volumes if required.
- Support Data Center Architecture – Network, Server, Storage
- Carry out LAN and server implementation projects.
- Carry out project scoping and roll outs.
- Operate within customer standard operating procedures.
- Perform vendor management activities such coordination with ISP, Telecoms and other third party providers
- Contribute to the promotion and development of the Netone’s culture of excellent customer service.
- Ensure daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reviews are carried out with regards to PCI
- Undertaking any other duties/tasks (as assigned) or responsibility required to ensure the achievement of the objectives of the job within the overall objectives of NetOne IT Limited.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science Orientated Degree
- Must Have done CCNA Cisco Certified Network Association Certification and CCNP Cisco Certified Network Professional Certification
- Excellent technical knowledge and application in administration on Windows Servers and Desktop Operating System
- Software and Hardware troubleshooting.
- Excellent Technical Knowledge in Configuring/Troubleshooting of network devices such as Switches, Routers, firewall etc.
- Excellent knowledge of Configuring/Troubleshooting Routing protocols – EIGRP, OSPF, BGP
- Excellent knowledge of Configuring/Troubleshooting Application protocols – HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, SMTP, SNMP, SSL etc.
- Configuring/Troubleshooting of Network Monitoring software.
- Configuring/Troubleshooting of Wi-Fi Access Points.
- MUST HAVE a minimum 3 years of similar experience.
- MUST HAVE a valid driving license with 2 years plus driving experience.
Undertaking any other duties/tasks (as assigned) or responsibility required to ensure the achievement of the objectives of the job within the overall objective of NetOne IT Limited.
How to apply?
Send us a SUMMARY CV of your academic qualifications, professional work experience and skill set. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. You can email your CV to [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org