Website NetOne Information Technology Ltd
Position: Network Operations Centre (NOC) Intern
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Probationary Period: 3 Months
Submissions: [email protected]
Reporting Manager: Network Operations Centre Supervisor – Technical Services.
NetOne is a leading technology services Group based in Lusaka, Zambia. Since its inception is 2007 the group has grown to be Zambia’s leading technology service provider offering a range of solutions including client computing and enterprise business solutions with long standing relationships with leading OEM manufacturers across the ICT sector. NetOne owns and operates Zambia’s first Tier III carrier neutral data offering colocation services, infrastructure as a service and software as service. NetOne also owns and operates the Swish Pay platform enabling digital payments from consumer to merchant through its integrations with Visa, MasterCard and Mobile Money platforms. The group continues to innovate in launching new products to the Zambian market and is therefore looking to grow our team!
If you are an individual that believes in career progression, innovative, fearless and want to be on the winning team, we are the team for you!
Installing and configuring internal laptops and printers and carrying out general maintenance for all NetOne IT Staff as well as attend to all technical challenges faced internally by staff.
Troubleshooting of Network and PC.
Acting as the first point of contact for all NetOne Data customers for all types of services offered.
Creating and configuring mailboxes and distribution groups for internal and external staff on the multitenant exchange platform as well as respond to password reset requests.
Logging tickets with ISPs for all WAN links being supported by NetOne Data and communicating with the customer over resolution.
Escorting and monitoring co-location clients as they come through to work on their infrastructure. Ensuring to verify the clients’ details using the Access request form and ID, or the email sent by authorized personnel.
Checking for volume size and replication schedule.
Following the troubleshooting steps when replication is not taking place e.g. ping the server, check the size of the volume and ask for log files etc.
Ensuring that weekly synchronization reports are sent every morning.
Ensuring that replication status reports are sent every day.
Undertaking any other duties/tasks (as assigned) or responsibility required to ensure the achievement of the objectives of the job within the overall objectives of NetOne .
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or any related field.
- A minimum 0-1 year of similar experience is an added advantage.
- CCNA Cisco Certified Network Association Certification will be an added advantage
- Excellent technical knowledge and application in administration on Windows Servers and Desktop Operating System
- Software and Hardware troubleshooting.
- Excellent Technical Knowledge in Configuring/Troubleshooting of network devices such as Switches, Routers, firewall etc.
- Excellent knowledge of Configuring/Troubleshooting Routing protocols – EIGRP, OSPF, BGP
- Excellent knowledge of Configuring/Troubleshooting Application protocols – HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, SMTP, SNMP, SSL etc.
- Configuring/Troubleshooting of Network Monitoring software.
- Configuring/Troubleshooting of Wi-Fi Access Points.
Undertaking any other duties/tasks (as assigned) or responsibility required to ensure the achievement of the objectives of the job within the overall objective of NetOne.
How to apply?
Send us a SUMMARY CV of your academic qualifications, professional work experience and skill set. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. You can email your CV to [email protected].