Website Njovu Zambia
Njovu Zambia, an NGO working in Zambia for the last 10 years, is looking for an intern, that would help the organization to coordinate setting up of a mental health project based in Kanyama first-level hospital and attached clinics, with the possibility of replicating the project at other first-level hospitals. The project focuses on the provision of mental health care in the townships with the highest occurrence of mental disorders, mostly among youths.
- experience with organizational work
- high organizational and communicational skills
- ability to represent the organization at high profile meetings
- basic understanding of mental health and the consequences of lack of mental health care in the townships
- ability to work independently
- ability to produce basic reports, letters, concept notes
- organize project activities to move the project forward
- organize and attend meetings with the stakeholders and follow up on their progress
- handle project documentation such as letters, reports and so on
- keep constant contact with all the stakeholders
- conduct any activities necessary for setting up of the project
- the position is a full internship position, is voluntary and doesn’t provide any salary or allowance
- the intern has a right for his expenses which will be discussed individually
- the intern will work under close supervision of the programmes manager and will have the opportunity to discuss all the steps with him
- the project runs under the cooperation of Kanyama first level hospital and Clinic 6 of UTH. The intern will be able to get work recommendation from these institution.
- In case of UNZA psychology students the internship can be recognized as an official internship under the study programme based on individual agreement.