Nkwazi Co-operative Savings and Credit Society Limited
Nkwazi Co-operative is a Savings and Credit Society established in 1997 and situated in Ibex Hill, Lusaka. The organisation has experienced growth over the past 22 years and offers great opportunities for learning and development. We are inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the position of Accountant.
- Perform bank reconciliations on a monthly basis and verify entries in the accounting system are posted correctly.
- Ensure the Cooperative is compliant with all operating and statutory licenses and obligations.
- Posting of loan and savings schedules.
- Ensure member’s accounts are updated on a bi-weekly/monthly basis as deductions fall due.
- Preparing payment vouchers to ensure they have required accompanying documents for correctness and approvals before processing payment.
- Ensure all vendors accounts are settled as they fall due.
- Perform general accounting functions including accrual of prepayments, advances and liquidation and zero of closed accounts.
- Management of Fixed Assets register.
Qualification, Experience and Key Attributes:
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting/Finance or Full ACCA / CIMA/ZICA,
- Three (3) years’ progressive experience in accounting or audit experience in financial institution
- Proven experience working in a financial institution
- Knowledge of IFRS accounting standards
- Paid up of ZICA
Interested candidates should submit their CV with three traceable references and a cover letter to [email protected] by Monday 24th August, 2020.