Nkwazi Co-operative Savings and Credit Society Limited
Nkwazi Co-operative is a Savings and Credit Society established in 1997 and situated in Ibex Hill, Lusaka. The organisation has experienced growth over the past 22 years and offers great opportunities for learning and development. We are inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the position of Senior Accountant.
Reporting to the Co-operative Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing the financial resources of the organisation, ensuring adequate financial controls, treasury management, prudent resource utilisation and preparing financial statements. Understanding of capital markets and formulating short-term, medium and long term strategies will be key requirements.
- Planning and advising the Board on all financial matters and investment opportunities.
- Conduct periodic internal reviews of the Co-operative and submit reports to the Board.
- Preparation of financial statements.
- Liquidity management.
- Budget preparation, implementation and monitoring.
- Ensure adequate internal controls are in place.
- Review all loan payments for accuracy.
- Supervise and lead the finance team.
- Coordinate audits.
Qualifications, Experience and Key Attributes:
- Bachelor Degree or complete ACCA/CIMA/ZICA, Masters degree will be an added advantage.
- Five (5) years work experience in financial/management accounting, audit experience in a financial institution or audit experience.
- Good understanding of Treasury Management and capital markets.
- Proven experience working within a financial institution.
- Knowledge of IFRS accounting standards.
- Paid up member of ZICA.
Interested candidates should submit their CV with three traceable references and a cover letter to [email protected] by Monday 24th August, 2020.