Vacancy Publication Ref. No. IGMU/19/01/2024
The Non-governmental Gender Organisations’ Coordinating Council (NGOCC) is an umbrella network for gender focused and women led Non-governmental and Community Based Organisations, active in championing women’s empowerment and gender equity and equality in Zambia. In the 39 years of its existence, NGOCC has grown to be the focal point of the women’s movement in Zambia, with a total membership of 111, spread in all the 10 provinces of Zambia and covering 68 districts. NGOCC now invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals for the position of: Coordinator – Grants Management.
Coordinator – Grants Management:
The Coordinator Grants-Management position is the lead for the Grants Management Unit (GMU) and is responsible for managing the day-to-day activities of the t Unit guided by the agreed technical requirements of the Grant Management Committee. Reporting to the Manager – Finance and Administration, the key roles for the position are :
- Interprets the resolutions of the Grant Management Committee (GMC) into actionable programmes for implementation by the Grant Management Unit (GMU) in line with the contractual agreements between the NGOCC Board and cooperating partners.
- Initiates the formulation and implementation of interventions to improve the grant management capacity of the programme and thus attain sustained provision of quality services to the stakeholders.
- Ensures that grants are disbursed to member organisations efficiently and transparently and that member organisations are held accountable for the funds disbursed to them and the expected results.
- Ensures transparent evaluation of sub-granting applications based on laid down established criteria.
- Ensures accurate and timely reporting on grant funded projects and that information obtained through evaluation of these projects is acted upon promptly to continuously strengthen the project implementation capacity of member organizations and improve on the existing grant management procedures and systems.
- Monitors and reports on grant status, revisions, new grant agreements, grant termination, and partner reporting schedules.
Minimum Education Qualification: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Developmental Studies, or any related field. Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- Minimum 5 years previous work experience in grant management at senior level, including assessment of proposals, analysis of narrative and financial reports, and good understanding of project cycles.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- High analytical skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload.
- Multi-level computer literacy.
- Thorough and demonstrated knowledge of accounting principles, financial systems, and grant accounting and project cycle management.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Working knowledge in at least one local language
Interested and qualified applicants should submit an application letter with an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae no later than 17:00 hours on Monday, 22nd January 2024 to the following email address: [email protected]. The letter should be addressed to: –
The Executive Director
Non-governmental Gender Organisations Coordinating Council
P.O Box 37879